Best Frugal Toilet Paper?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Best Frugal Toilet Paper?

Okay, I am fairly new to the board, so I am sure this topic has been covered before! I searched back quiet a ways and I couldn't find this topic.

I guess my question is pretty obvious! Which toilet paper is the best buy for your money? For a long time, I blindly went with some of the inexpensive brands. Then one day, my hubby went to the store and picked up a name brand (I think it was Charmin Double rolls-might have been Mega Rolls). I normally get 24 rolls, this was a 12 roll and it lastes us 4 times as long. I realized then, that cheapest isn't necessarily the best buy from a frugal standpoint. The cheap toilet paper is cheap, but there isn't as much there, so you end up buying more and spending more in the long run.

I'm just curious if anyone has really broken down the cost of toilet papers to see which is actually the best buy (ie. most for your money). Any input would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm... I only "buy" TP when it's free, so will be following this thread as well.

Free TP - Every few months Scott puts out a $1 off coupon for a 4 pack or larger of "extra soft". My grocery store regulary has this brand on sale for $1 a 4 pack from time to time. So I get a bunch of coupons and go "buy" free TP.

Now, the TP I like? - Charmin or Cottonelle with Aloe & E, but it's not free, so I don't buy it.

Someday I will most likely need to pay for TP again, so I will pay attention to this thread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I buy quilted Charmin at Sam's. Not sure of the breakdown but I find I use lots less of the more expensive brands, since I don't have to change the roll so often. I'm sure there are more economical ones out there but I'm lazy as well as frugal.....lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Scott toilet paper. I did a usage comparison for a 4 pack of Charmin and a four pack of Scott. Scott lasted twice as long. I had 3 kids living at home at the time and I was beyond sick of changing the rolls.

I want to know why they can do all those complicated things on the computer and can't change a roll of toilet paper. Mind boggling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default tp

I eyeball the ads and stock up, only when it falls below 25 cents a roll

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I found it didn't matter what I bought here, they go through it like water. In the end I've been buying President's Choice Super Soft 16 Double rolls on sale for around $6cdn. ~ 38 cents/roll. That's good up here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I find the Scotts really do last longer and I sometimes buy the store brand equivalent to that as well.

married to my honey
    mommy to one handsome teenager
    mommy to 2 furbabies

no consumer debt, zero, zip nada

mortgage - 56,140.96 pay off date 11/2017
    car fund 5,000
    heating unit 0

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for starting this thread. I have noticed the regular rolls seem smaller. Anyway I have been wondering about this. I try to use coupons on the 24 roll packages. Around 4.99 total.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Scott 1000 is the only brand I buy. I don't really care about softness on my butt like some people have an issue with. I don't find it rough but maybe some people chaff? I find scott in the end is cheaper than generic store brands as well.

Now for tissues on my nose is a different issues.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We buy a box of toilet paper from Sam's Club. It is the individual wrapped rolls that are meant for restaurants, offices... There are about 40 rolls to a box and it is pretty reasonable. I cannot remember the exact price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use the Costco brand, which is definitely pretty frugal, although not always so comfortable!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to buy whatever I had a coupon for but that was a waste and clogged my toilets every time. I've since switched to regular Scott 1000 sheets and no more problem. CVS and Kmart usually has it on sale every month or so and I stock up then. I've also found that I don't like the store equals to scott tissue and they are too thin and rough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I typically buy Cottonelle or Charmin. I found that the cheaper tp tends to 'break down' as you are trying to use it, ending up using more in the process. Although since my toilet is a low flush toilet, I'm not supposed to use those brands, only Angel Soft or Quilted Northern. Those brands are good, but not as soft as cushy cottenelle. Since I watch sales and use coupons, I can usually buy any of those 4 brands for about the same price.
    Wife to DH
    Proud Mom to my 1st Degree Black Belt DS Woo-Hoo
    DS
    Kitty Mommy to Buttons

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by auntie2many View Post
    We buy a box of toilet paper from Sam's Club. It is the individual wrapped rolls that are meant for restaurants, offices... There are about 40 rolls to a box and it is pretty reasonable. I cannot remember the exact price.
    I buy the same thing at Sams - the brand is Pom 400 & it has 45 rolls to a box(last year it was 48) and it cost 17.88 a box here.......we buy 2 boxes a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm loving this thread!

I'm paying attention as well - now I'm going to pay more attention to my TP coupons so I don't miss the opportunity for free tp.
    Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Max Lilly Chianti

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast