Frugal Village Forums banner

Quilting club

Tags
club quilting
26K views 170 replies 107 participants last post by  vickilynn 
#1 ·
I'm so excited about this. Sara has said we can have a quilting club and I can run it.

I plan on having:

- swaps
- quilting tips
- the tutorial/course in January
- another tutorial/course in March (more advanced)
- books on quilting
- fat quarter trains

And more. You do not have to take the tutorial's to belong but you should at least take part in a couple of the things we come up with.

So, who is interested? Please post to this thread and you'll get a little badge saying your in the quilting club.

Also, if you have any suggestions you'd like to see in the club, please pm me and let me know and I'll see what we can do.

I want this to be fun for all of us quilters.

So who is on the list???

See less See more
#79 ·
canI join too? I am new to the quilting thing but I do sew a lot.

I have been wanting to quilt for a while, but never know where to start.

Can you make some tutorials? piecing and quilting?

c

#80 ·
#83 ·
I sure would like to be a part of the quilting club as well! May I? Pretty please? :D

#84 ·
I'm definately interested!!

I am currently,but slowly, working on five I Spy quilts and 1 t-shirt quilt. Dipping these paws in several pots LOL. The spy quilts are now into year 2. It took 12-18 months just to gather up the correct fabrics and cut the squares...well worth the wait. I have three quilt tops done, two to go...then let the kids decide on the back fabrics. T-shirt quilt we just started cutting up their old tshirts yesterday..and already they are arguing over who gets it when its done. HHmm...no one if mom keeps listening to the arguing, I simply won't sew it!

At some point I want to learn how to sew quilts that are a bit more complicated than blocks or log cabins. I'm self taught...so a class on quilting probably would't hurt much either LOL

Gabrielle
SAHM to 5 girls

#89 ·
I would like to join the quilting club. My stepfather's mother always quilted. I want to learn:)

#91 ·
I've been wanting to make a quilt in the fall. I think I'll get some inspiration here. I'd love to join, if I may. :curtain:

Also I wanted to ask, homesteadmamma, where did you get the pattern for the Ice Crystals block? That one is gorgeous!

#96 ·
I dug out one of my UFO's last night!   haven't worked on it for probably 3 years.  It's a plain ol' ugly square block quilt make out of tons & tons of old sweatshirts.  I started it about 6 years ago.  I've pieced it together all by hand.  I'm doing a little detail work on it before I put a back on it.  Right now, it's still in 3 big pieces.  It's about the size for a king size bed.  Very big!

Anyway, DH was being romantic last night & rented movies.  We  haven't done that since dd2 was born.  So, since I don't like just sitting there doing nothing....I dug out the ol' sweatshirt quilt.  :)

So, CJ, can I join, too??  Can I, Can I??  :)  I want to work on my UFO's alot this winter....and watch movies with DH.  :)

#100 ·
I would love to join this club and would love to learn how to quilt. My question is can you make one all by hand and by a sewing machine or do you have to have any other special equipment?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.