2012 Quilting Club
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2012 Quilting Club

If a thread was already posted, I couldn't find it.

Is any one doing any quilting?

Found a 'boat load' of quilting mags at a T.S. last week.........bought three..........and now I have a couple that I just can't wait to start digging through my stash for the fabric!!! I would bet that most of the fabric needed will be there too.

Not like I don't have OTHER sewing to do...............

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, I am going to a quilt retreat next week....it is for 4 1/2 day. I cannot wait.....I have so many other things that need to be done, if I hadnt paid for the retreat already, I wouldnt be going.....

I am hoping to make 4 quilted placemats and finish a quilt top....

Please so pictures of what you are working on.

Thanks,

Dawn

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in! I organized all of my fabric and quilt kits last fall. I have tons of stuff to work on. First, I need to finish and bind a table runner I made a few months ago. Then I need to start and work on a quilt for my mom's 70th birthday. I have the pattern and the fabric. I have until June, but I better get started on it soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always had a problem with bindings....this year that is my goal....any pointers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't, mine never look that good. I usualy use a machine to do the front and back. I was actually thinking of trying to hand stitch the binding to the back of this one to see if it looks any better. I'm usually in such a rush to get a project done, I don't spend as much time as I should on the binding...

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I must have at least 10 projects that need finishing. First up, one in bright reds that I started a year ago this month and never finished quilting because my machine was giving me fits.

Today would be a good day to give it another go.
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dwnloom View Post
    I have always had a problem with bindings....this year that is my goal....any pointers?
    I tried to get tervs post down here too...........didn't work.......guess the multi quote button is out...........

Anyway...........I am with Terv on the binding thing.

I do it with machine too.......and I am the WRONG person to ask for pointers, as I sew on the back first then fold over to the front (opposite from what all "the books" say!!).

Are you going to hand sew it?..........or machine stitch? What gives you the problem? ( I can do good corners.....does that count??)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hip hip hurray!! I got to quilt today for the first time since med December!! I looked at my UFO pile and I usually kit my quilts in progress. This means many yards of fabric are on hold until the quilt is done. The one that I hope to finish before summer it the flying geese that I started 5 years ago. Once that is done, I can use the left over fabrics in other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by dwnloom View Post
    This is the method that I use: http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/B...Directions.pdf

Pir@te has a wealth of info too : The Dread Pirate Rodgers Quilting Page Scroll down to the info that you want.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    I looked at my UFO pile and I usually kit my quilts in progress. This means many yards of fabric are on hold until the quilt is done.

piney

I will often do that too.........but pulled a huge piece out of a bargello I had lined up when I had my aunt make me a quilt............will try NOT to do that again!!!

But then............there is the "issue" of all these PILES OF FABRIC around..............for all my WIPS!!!

I just need a HELPER for about SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    ...But then............there is the "issue" of all these PILES OF FABRIC around..............for all my WIPS!!!

I just need a HELPER for about SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!
    I have my UFOs and quilt "kits" in white banker's boxes. A local store had them on sale 3 to a package. (When DH had a job, he could bring home the boxes paper comes in). This helps contain them so they don't tip over. I have sticky notes on the side listing what it contains.

I am near the East coast so maybe we can meet in the middle and have a cuppa, make a plan and keep each other on track.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I schedules sewing days for Feb, March and April with a friend of mine. They are my favorite. We spend 8-10 hours just sewing. Having the time scheduled makes it so much easier! She is comingn to my house in Feb and I'm going to her house in March, it works for us! Anyway, I have all the blocks made for a quilt for myself and I have to start a quilt for my mom's 70th birthday which is in June. I have the fabric and pattern...Now to just get started...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it would be fun to just have a FV quilt gathering........
    anyone interested in quilting could/should attend!!

Thinking down around Paducah, Kentucky, about the time that the quilt show is down there..........would LOVE to go to that!!
    Have read about it online and drooled...........

But........then you could come here in Oct., when our quilt show is.........it's not a bad size, takes a full day to see it all......and, of course, you GOTTA SHOP!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FF - what is the actual date of you quilt show in Oct? I really want to go to a quilt show and I also want someone to quilt with. I'm a thinking ahead here - what do you think?

This is a great thread - I have so many quilts in progress and soooo much fabric too. And I will have more after I do this wedding party - 7 dresses - for September.

Okay - I'm ready - and please post pictures!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    I think it would be fun to just have a FV quilt gathering........
    I think you will find that the rooms near Paducah are booked well in advance.
    I'll have to pass on meeting up unless someone was travelling near here. (Keepsake Quilting's tent sale is the first Friday and Saturday in June and I will be there!) I'm with you, Maui, I have sooo much fabric but this is my one indulgence.
    I had a 3 day retreat with 70 cyber buddy quilters before the economy tanked and it was way fun. Some were even across the pond! Mix that with Nawthern and Southern accents, good food, quilting, a few frozen beverages...ahhh the memories.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    FF - what is the actual date of you quilt show in Oct? I really want to go to a quilt show and I also want someone to quilt with. I'm a thinking ahead here - what do you think?
    I think it sounds like a great idea..........COME ON OVER!!!

Here is the date.............Oct. 19....mark it down!! Runs three days and I think it is a 'one time pay' thing.............in case our feet give out!!!

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast