Rebates anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebates anyone?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Rebates anyone?

First of all, WOW! This forum hasn't been used in like forever!!!
    Which doesn't really suprise me, I suppose, especially considering my question:

Does anyone really do rebates anymore?

I do the Walgreens monthly rebate program, and if I lived near CVS or Rite Aid, I'd do their all-in-one monthly rebate. I used to do ALL sorts of rebates, but I hardly do any anymore. When I started rebating, stamps were .18 and .21 cents, but with stamps as high as they are, it just doesn't seem worth it. Does anyone do individual product TMF rebates anymore? I think the last one I did was for Crest Pro-Health, but usually, I just let them slip right on by me (purposefully). How about you? Do you have anything to say to me that might encourage me to start doing them again? Or did you all just feel like I do?

Just wondering.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel like you do. It seems whenever there was a rebate involved I often would get lazy or forgetful and not send it in, with all good intentions of doing it at the time of purchase though! I have done the Walgreens rebate once and I really want to get into doing it every month once the new store by me opens in July! I love that they put it on a gift card.

Individual rebates (except for big ticket items, like an appliance or something) I probably will let pass by.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually do the Walgreens rebates, but I never got my April one. I didn't bother to scan before mailing it in, so I guess I'm out of luck.

The manufacturer's rebates don't entice me, unless it's something I was going to buy anyway.

I've kind of been soured on the electronics rebates ever since Best Buy ripped me off of $100 when DH and I bought 2 new monitors and the sales guy wrongly told us that you could send 2 rebates to the same address. Never again! It's been 3 years and it still gets my blood pressure up!

100% Debt Free.... home, car & credit cards.
    Blogging the simple life at: www.sageandsimple.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have done them, but not a lot. I always do Walgreens. I just feel like manufacturer rebates are too much to keep up with. You have to keep copies, and keep checking on it, then if they don't sent it you have to call and argue. Not worth it to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still do rebates, but I'm not as avid as I once was. I find that I just don't have as much time.

I used to try and post the printable ones here on FV every month. Maybe I'll look around tonight and try and post some.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got $50 from when I signed up for AT&T DSL service! I had to call though and go through alot of people that couldn't help me but when I did get the right person they took care of it quickly and it just came today! I was debating what I was going to do with it but now I decided I am going to put it towards my Target CC!! It's like free money so I'll never miss it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just started on the whole couponing, rebating thing. I turned in a rebate for Walgreen's for May-just waiting on my gift card now. Where do you look for other rebates?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do Walgreen's and Rite Aid rebates and CVS ECB.

I also do whatever mail-in rebates I can get my sticky little fingers on. I will also do an extra set of each rebate and have it sent to my MIL if it is a really good deal.

I have to keep a list in my notebook of the current rebates I am taking part in. I list the item, date to submit by, and requirements. Once I have bought the item and mailed it in I mark that down and date it. Once I get the check/coupon in the mail I mark through it in my notebook so I know it is completed. I keep a little file in the back of the notebook with a copy of everything I mailed in for the rebate incase I don't get it or the company says there was a problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Could someone please tell me how to get rebates/gift cards from Walgreens? Are there certain things that give them to you? How do they get onto a gift card? Do you mail them in? Thank you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still do some rebates. If I was going to buy it anyway, then I participate in the rebate. If it is something for just a $1, then I let it slip on by because it isn't worth the time to gather all the info and stamp (.42 cents now) to participcate. I do participate in the Walgreens rebates and CVS extracare program.

Quote Originally Posted by alarosalpn View Post
    Could someone please tell me how to get rebates/gift cards from Walgreens? Are there certain things that give them to you? How do they get onto a gift card? Do you mail them in? Thank you.
    You can view the items in the sales ad that are free after rebate. They are usually the items that read FREE in bold wording in the sales ad. You can also view the items that are in the monthly rebate program in the rebate booklet found near the counters or just ask a sales associate and they should find you one. You have to buy exactly what it shows you because they are picky about their rebate program. At the end of the month, you will need to send in the receipts of the qualifying items and the rebate page found in the booklet asking what you purchased. The first time you send off for your rebate, you can choose to receive a check or a gift card. Most people choose a gift card because they ad an extra 10% to the rebate. Once you get the gift card, you can keep the same one and just refill it every month when you submit a new rebate. I have to mail mine in, but it is worth the .42 cent stamp and a little time to gather the needed info. On a slow month, I get back around $15. Last month I only bought certain items and received $25. It all depends on what they are offering. I hope this makes sense.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walgreens now accepts the rebates online - like Rite Aid.

I just started doing the Walgreens/Rite Aid rebates last month. I don't do a lot of manufactures rebates - too much time - unless its for a bigger chunck of money...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh takes care of all of the rebates in our household. He does the menards, Walgreens and RiteAid and also all other rebates that he sees if it is a product that we use. I alway's enter the RiteAid rebates online and that saves postage. I know that we generally get several thousand $$ a year by doing this. Dh get's many items for free too because he is the coupon king of the household as well and many times it is free or they have to pay him to take it. Since my parents are not into rebates, dh sends rebates to their address in my name and our address in his name. He does this with Walgreens and RiteAid.

I was talking to the cashier in walgreens cosmetics yesterday and she told me that more and more people are doing the rebates now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Jamauk View Post
    Walgreens now accepts the rebates online - like Rite Aid.

I just started doing the Walgreens/Rite Aid rebates last month. I don't do a lot of manufactures rebates - too much time - unless its for a bigger chunck of money...
    I'm literally sending in my 1st Walgreens rebate. It's only $3, and you gotta start somewhere, right? But I read where alot of people keep it growing and rolling every month. The thing is though, that I didn't know you could do it on-line. Since it is only $3, I'd especially love to save my postage too. Can you please tell me where to go for the on-line thing w/walgreens?

Appreciate your time!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia View Post
    I'm literally sending in my 1st Walgreens rebate. It's only $3, and you gotta start somewhere, right? But I read where alot of people keep it growing and rolling every month. The thing is though, that I didn't know you could do it on-line. Since it is only $3, I'd especially love to save my postage too. Can you please tell me where to go for the on-line thing w/walgreens?

Appreciate your time!

Theresa
    Seriously, just go to their website and there's a spot to click on for EASY SAVER REBATE. Not only can you enter reciepts online, but you can check the status of your rebate and see what's on the current month list.
    HTH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by IntlMom View Post
    Seriously, just go to their website and there's a spot to click on for EASY SAVER REBATE. Not only can you enter reciepts online, but you can check the status of your rebate and see what's on the current month list.
    HTH
    Thanks Traci! I love how easy that is!

Theresa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast