What one thing would you change about your significant other?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What one thing would you change about your significant other?

It struck me today that my wife has one thing that makes me crazy. She can be very negative at times. She gets down on herself and has a generally negative outlook on everything. She expects failure. I tried to think of another and couldn't. I don't know if this is the only one, or I have just got used to everything else. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dwelling on the past, things that his ex did to him and his kids to be specific! I would like for all of them to LET IT GO already!!!
    But they all have a tendancy of dwelling on the past in general and I hate that!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Turn on the side away from me when he snores!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

His selfish, immature attitude towards children and parenthood.

He HATE HATE HATES the idea of being a father, and makes it quite clear that he is not having any. I have told him that I AM, and that he has up to a year before we are married to grow up, change his attitude, and realize how much it means to me We plan to marry in 2012 when I am 25 so plenty of time. I so hope that he will come round to the idea, cos if he doesn't.... I don't know, don't really want to think about that. I lost a daughter 4 years ago, he is well aware of the heartaches this subject brings me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

He needs to learn responsibility and quit being lazy and letting me take care of it all and bailing us out.
    Get up, get a job!
    Quit whining about having to actually do some work to make money!
    Quit trying to make a quick buck and realize that you actually have to work for it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If I could change one thing about the Old Man... it would actually be his feet... they cause him a lot of pain and he is on them all day long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

His snoring

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gosh.... I would have to say his sexual appetite.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not a thing......

Seriously? I can' t think of anything I would want to change about him. He's not perfect, but he's perfect for ME!
    Stinkbug

More wagging - Less barking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My hubby is so awesome! I really had to think a bit before coming up with this: I wish he would sort thru paperwork more quickly. He tends to let it pile up. I would say in a total relationship that it's a minor point!
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He gets in a bad mood so easily and over the most ridiculous reasons. He'll sit on his side of the couch and sulk over any little thing and ignore us except to snap at the kids over little stuff. He can be really sarcastic to our 14 year old, which just flies all over me. Doesn't he get that we won't have him in our home in a few very short years????

Plus, he works with a lot of younger, unmarried men without kids. One of his coworkers just inherited a huge some of money. DH is surrounded by men who, when they want something, go and buy it. There are few bills and no family to consider for most of these young men.

He wasn't like this when he was younger. I think his "new" job is mostly to blame. He works with a bunch of dissatisfied, whining, backstabbing men and is taking on some of their characteristics. For some reason, those guys feel as if the company should give them everything they want, how and when they want it. Working for a railroad with a union has done DH and his coworkers a great disservice. They should feel grateful and blessed to have secure jobs in this time of financial shakiness but they're all acting like overindulged, entitlement b!tches.

I just want DH to realize how lucky we are to have what we do. He engineers a train over a bridge where a group of homeless live. Why can't he see how blessed we are?

Wow, I didn't know exactly how much this irked me until I started writing it down.
    Last edited by PaulaMM; 12-01-2008 at 10:39 AM.
    Wife to Kenneth
    Mom to Joey, age 17
    Mom to Kendra, age 9

Money is 80% behavior, 20% head knowledge. It's what you do, not what you know. - Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would change his back and neck. He is in pain all the time. If I could take that away for him, I would.
    When the world knocks you to your knees, remember that your in the perfect position to pray.

DR Plan
    BS 1 $1000/1000
    BS 2 working on those medical bills ......ugghhhhh
    BS 3
    BS 4
    BS 5
    BS 6
    BS 7

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in tune with the other ladies that would take away hurting from them. There really isn't anything I would change about my husband, he's my hero and perfect in my eyes. He had a hard childhood including abuse and lived a rough life for awhile after that. He's a kind man to everyone, willing to offer help to anyone that needs it. He works hard to provide for us and if I could make one change it would be to heal his back, feet and hands. He's on his feet all day on concrete in steel toe boots, banging his hands into everything and busting them up from working (he's a mechanic) and he has degenerative disc disease in his lower back. For all that he is to me, for what he is to his son, and just for being so giving to us always making us smile and laugh everyday, I would take all of that pain from him if I could.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish he'd be more romantic and take the lead on things more often. He's kind of like being married to an annoying little brother sometimes. I'd like for once to not have to worry about if the car insurance is renewed, the bills are paid, vacation reservations are made, etc. I handle it all.

100% Debt Free.... home, car & credit cards.
    Blogging the simple life at: www.sageandsimple.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

My husband is indecisive.
    He can't make a decision about anything on the spot. Sometimes it drives me crazy. He doesn't know what he wants to eat, wear, vacation, etc. This can be extremely annoying sometimes.

Funny thing is at work he's in charge of making major decisions and gets a lot done. Maybe the bigger things are easier to decide upon.
    " May we never let the things we canít have or donít have or shouldnít have spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have. As we value our happiness, let us not forget it. One of the greatest lessons in life is learning to be happy without the things we cannot or should not have."
    -Richard L. Evans

~Check out C@rols Blog on FV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast