Grrrr Men!! Big Rant
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry Grrrr Men!! Big Rant

This morning Dh says he needs to go to the store so if I want anything make a list. So I go online to a place where I get my groceries store specials, you know where they make you a list of what you want. When you print it out it lists the item in BOLD and then how many you want. It's one of those you can't screw it up unless you are a man lists.
    It tells, brand, size, price etc. So after constantly being all over me because I hadn't gotten the list ready yet (not enough coffee and meds hadn't kicked in yet) he goes to the store with the list. Well when he comes back half the items he didn't get and out of the other half he only got half of that right. Come on grocery shopping with a detailed list ain't rocket science. Grrr I am still steaming because this means I have to go back to the store again tomorrow! I have fibro for those of you who have it you know what a treat someone doing a chore for you can be. But no..... now I have to go out and do it again myself Thanks a effing lot you
    BTW there were only 10 items on the list!
    It must be true, if you want a job done right send a woman.
    Back to your regular scheduled programing
    Last edited by rainbowgc; 12-02-2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: more information

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mina always says he couldn't find it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine is not allowed, unless it's one of those, " OMG I'm making taco's and need you to grab some tortilla's" Things!! I'll send him to the dang store for some soup and he'll come home $200. later with a buncha crap!!

lgw
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH's issue with grocery shopping is that not only does he get everything on my list, he comes home with snacks and crap galore! He loves to browse at the grocery and buy new products. Mind you, he pays no attention to how much they cost. I rarely take DH with me grocery shopping because it easily adds $100 to our bill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know how you feel! One year for x-mas my husband, now ex, asked what I wanted. I said I wanted a bookcase. What kind? Just a basic oak bookcase. Still nothing, so I found a local ad and gave it to him. He went to the store and they had 5 of them so he couldn't decide. I had to go down to the store and pick out which one and they were all identical!!!
    Stacey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    My DH's issue with grocery shopping is that not only does he get everything on my list, he comes home with snacks and crap galore! He loves to browse at the grocery and buy new products. Mind you, he pays no attention to how much they cost. I rarely take DH with me grocery shopping because it easily adds $100 to our bill.

That sounds like my wife.

I go get what I need or is on my list. Nothing else. In and out like a tactical strike force.

But hey, I'm different...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You gals think this is bad? Wait till you ask them to do the laundry sometime!

Men (most of us anyway) are GENIUSES when it comes to being so bad at tasks we don't want to do, that you never, EVER ask us to do them again.

Except apparently for 57Plymouth up there ^^^ who's about to ruin it for us...
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am honestly the one that can't stick to the list at the grocery store. I blame it on those unadvertised specials. Sorry you have to go back to the store tomorrow.
    Challenges

EF $3975.00

debt:
    medical bill $890/$6000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would love for DW to give me a detailed list of what she wants. It would save a lot of confused looks and phone calls.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH is pretty good at getting exactly what we need. He knows I pinch the grocery pennies. I tell him exactly what I need, and I give him exactly enough to get it. I also tell him I want the change back.

(BTW, he does get money to do with what he wants, I don't control all the money, just the grocery money)

The "I can't do it right so you do it" idea doesn't work in my house. DH always puts the dishes in the wrong place, but I keep asking him to do it anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

BTDT. I gave fiance a list, he's the big Iist person in our house. I only had 6 items for him to buy. Did he buy only those 6 items? NO! He came home with 3 other items I was going to buy on sale when I went shopping the next day! Now he wonders why I do all the shopping and he can't go with me. Because a list means nothing to you even though you are the one who insists on having one! DUH. I save at least $30 - $40 when he doesn't go with me.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    You gals think this is bad? Wait till you ask them to do the laundry sometime!

Men (most of us anyway) are GENIUSES when it comes to being so bad at tasks we don't want to do, that you never, EVER ask us to do them again.

Except apparently for 57Plymouth up there ^^^ who's about to ruin it for us...

Puuuhlease, do you really think we don't know you do this? Of course we know you do this! What you fellas don't seem to get is that one day, we'll make you pay for it.

mwah hahahahahah
    Wife to Kenneth
    Mom to Joey, age 17
    Mom to Kendra, age 9

Money is 80% behavior, 20% head knowledge. It's what you do, not what you know. - Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaMM View Post
    Puuuhlease, do you really think we don't know you do this? Of course we know you do this! What you fellas don't seem to get is that one day, we'll make you pay for it.

mwah hahahahahah
    In my college days, girls would constantly tell me how stupid I was when it came to laundry. I just stood back and thought, if I am so stupid, why are you the one doing it for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaMM View Post

mwah hahahahahah
    Nah cause whatever you make us do to "pay for it", we'll just suck at that, too.
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL Ok, you fellas win.

Besides, I think most women will admit to our feminine frailties when it comes to certain distasteful chores. I mean, that mean old trash bag is just soooo heavy.
    Wife to Kenneth
    Mom to Joey, age 17
    Mom to Kendra, age 9

Money is 80% behavior, 20% head knowledge. It's what you do, not what you know. - Dave Ramsey

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast