Is there anyone in your family
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Is there anyone in your family

that you can't trust to be in your home?

I have a nephew (DBro's son) that has to be watched like a hawk when he is around. He will steal anything not locked down. My DBro has 3 sons, all raised in the same household but this one is like this. The other 2 are not. He is the middle son so don't know if this is why. He is in his 30's so not a child. He has been incarcerated a couple times for this and also for non-payment of child support. He's a hard worker. I just don't get it. He's been like this as far back as I can remember.

Is there such a thing as a 'bad seed'?
    If You Find Yourself Dancing In The Rain
    You Have Been Blessed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I believe there are bad seeds.....people who just will never change and can't be helped. Child molesters fit this group, as far as I'm concerned. I think these people cannot see beyond their own needs.

That said, I don't know if there's anyone I wouldn't trust. Maybe my BIL's daughter (age 21). A real hot mess.

Other than that, maybe a stranger. In all the years my kids' friends went in and out throught the laundry room past my purse, I never missed a cent...or any property.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Of course he's a bad seed. Selfish with an inflated sense of self-entitlement. I wouldn't let him near my house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes I have some in my family and they are just bad don't know why. I lock my bedroom door and my daughters and lock up purses and MIL meds. because they will steal anything not nailed down for a pain pill or xanax. I am ashamed and usually won't even let them in. But Grandma does so lock it up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sort of an extended family member, but my DH's BF's sister, who he's known 12+ years and is like a sister to both of us, used to be a good kid, then started stealing cash and CC's from family, lying left and right, refusing to support herself mooching off family til they kick her out, multiple DUI's...has warrants out now for refusal to pay fines and do community service from last DUI. Now in her late 20's, she should be past the rebel stage! Mother passed on last year (this started before that) father just kicked her out, brother has little to do with her- he is -almost- done paying off the $25k she put on his cc without his knowledge or permission. We had a BBQ last weekend, elected not to invite her, haven't talked to her in ages, don't trust her in my house. A real shame- the rest of the family is the type who would sweat blood for you if you need it, really responsible, caring people. I don't know what went wrong with her, but she's the polar opposite of her brother. We're through with her til she's proven she's changed her path- and even then it would be with reservations. You steal from your own Mom and brother who you're both very close with, to go shopping and out to eat, what next?

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $140,160.33 Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$3168.76

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My younger sister. Not only will she rob you blind but attack you when you are not looking. There are 7 of us and no one will talk to her. She even took her son-in-laws pain meds right after he had surgery. He 2 daughters will not even talk to her.
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nope, no one I can think of... Now some of DH's friends?.....we don't trust too many of them.
    Nov No Spend Days - 1 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 261 /365
    2014 Nov Gas Challenge - 0 / $120
    Nov Keep Fit - 170 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I disagree about "bad seeds". I believe babies are blank-slates when born and that the behavior you described was learned. Just my two-bit opinion.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

if it was learned in the home all children would have the sense of entitlement IMO- but it can be learned from outside sources or be an undiagnosed personality disorder OR they may just be angry people because of something that happened to them they never told anyone and that was never worked through properly .

They have proven in studies with identical twins separated at birth that they tend to be very similar despite totally different upbringings - i believe a big part of who you are is in you at birth - and outside circumstances can add to it or take away from it same as experiences one has .
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My grandmother. She has Dementia and Alz Heimers. If she sees it and likes it - it goes in her pocket or purse. And watch out if it looks like candy! Including pills. Everything goes in her mouth. Love her dearly but you have to lock cabinets and doors and drawers when she comes. She also loves magazines and her name will change to reflect the little address card I miss her tho. She was a fun lady, always took me to the skating rink or the movies, Disney World (or Land? the one in FL). Now she thinks I am her mom because she lived with us for quite a while before it got too dangerous for her and us to keep her and we had to put her in a home. But she is doing fantastic there. When we visit we have to go thru her stuff and return all the other residents things back to them. It will only last a few days, then she goes "shopping" again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have one of them "bad seeds" in our family. It's my brother. My parents raised three children and treated us all the same. Two of us turned out fine but my brother is off the chain. No one in the whole family will leave him alone in there house because he will steal from you. He once took my parent credit card and purchased a ton stuff. He has been in and out of jail more times then I can remember.

Jenny

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Most of the thieves I can think of are using the $$ for drugs......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by cuteoldlady View Post
    My grandmother. She has Dementia and Alz Heimers. If she sees it and likes it - it goes in her pocket or purse. And watch out if it looks like candy! Including pills. Everything goes in her mouth. Love her dearly but you have to lock cabinets and doors and drawers when she comes. She also loves magazines and her name will change to reflect the little address card I miss her tho. She was a fun lady, always took me to the skating rink or the movies, Disney World (or Land? the one in FL). Now she thinks I am her mom because she lived with us for quite a while before it got too dangerous for her and us to keep her and we had to put her in a home. But she is doing fantastic there. When we visit we have to go thru her stuff and return all the other residents things back to them. It will only last a few days, then she goes "shopping" again.

Snicker....BAD SEED GRANNY!!! Coming Soon to a theater near you!!

Alzheimer's sucks, but that did make me laugh. My grandma didn't take things but she would rummage through her purse and other people's purses thinking they were hers. Well, in fact she knew they weren't hers and that's what confused hers, none of the contents were correct! She'd take out their contents asking everyone "this isn't mine....is it yours? Is this yours??" repeat..repeat.

So is Granny a bad seed? Did she steal in "real-life" before the Alzheimer's and the Alzheimer's set it in stone?
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I'm sorry to say that there is a few of them. My Uncle's two daughters & one of my cousin's daughters. Come to think of it I don't know that I'd trust my cousin's son either and I most definitely wouldn't trust his wife. Very Jerry Springer

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't trust my brother. Currently he's sober and we "think" he's been sober for a while, however there was a relapse back in January.

He had my fathers garden tiller over the winter and we were taking bets as to if we would get it back or not. Amazingly we did but its very difficult to live that way.

Back in January my brother was living with my father for a few weeks since his wife kicked him out. My father had to carry all of his checks, money, credit cards etc with him. He even had to carry his medication as he was afraid my brother would either take it or steal it and try to sell it.

My dad has my ex husband reinforce all the locks on the house, the garage and even in the crawl space. Very sad way to live.
    Judy

never loose site of the big picture

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast