Ugh, DH is driving me crazy!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Ugh, DH is driving me crazy!

He's been out of work two months and he's driving me nuts.

I'm not sure if it's this whole anxiety thing, but him being around the house all of the time is starting to wear on my last nerve. I come home to find him watching parody videos on YouTube and in my head, he should be out handing out his resume to people.

*sigh*

Anyone else's spouse drive them up the wall when they're unemployed?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes my DH
    He would usually try to find a project but I felt like he was in my space and time. Unfortunately it happened a lot because he worked construction. Now he is retired but got a job 3 days a week. I like my me time.
    Wife
    Mother to 3 grown children
    Grandmother to 7 beautiful grandkids

DEBT FREE!
    (except for mortgage)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can he pick up any side jobs to keep him busy?
    Frugalista Mama to DD 14 & DS 10
    Crazy Boxer *Sadie*
    **Debt Free Minus the House**

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My wife did all of her job hunting online. She only went to locations when they called for an interview. Things have changed, although maybe your area is different.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband had a three month search between positions, and most nights I considered using a pillow to smother him to death while he slept. It was horribly stressful, even with him putting all his energy into networking/interviews and staying in contact with recruiters. I never doubted his efforts, but the disruption to our family life about did me in. I temporarily bumped my hours to full-time and he picked up a lot of my normal responsibilities/routine at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband is working and I am retired. His job is not a 9-5 job. He is usually home by 3...lots of days at noon...I will start a project and in he walks...drives me nuts!!!! I feel for you...hope he finds a job soon....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah he's doing all of his online and he's waiting to hear back about at least three jobs that the recruiters have contacted him for. But this was Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Perhaps I'm being a little overanxious, but he's made it his mission to clean out the entire house and catch up on ALL of the laundry.

I don't mind that he helps, but he's been smothering me lately. I like my me time too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ha Ha
    My DH works at home in the bsmt. He closes the door,forgets to eat lunch. Works thru dinner. Is never off. I finally had to say after 3 years,hey there are household things going on too.
    He has a microwave,tv,food stockpile and dishes,several computers. Raise your hand is you think he's hiding!

When he was unemployed it took 3 months,2000 resumes and he finally got a job thru an old acquaintence. He said his new job was to get a job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you shared with him how you felt about him being at home? Not in a mean/starting a fight type of way but maybe just share your thoughts on how YOU are not used to him being at home with you ALL the time. This way the emphasis is on you.

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dh was unemployed for 9 months and he's lucky he's alive. Meanwhile I was working ft, got a pt job so was working 7 days a week and bc my job didn't feel secure, started taking night classes. And would come home at 10p at night and have him say he hadn't had time to look for a job. ***scream scream scream. Luckily, he got called back to work, given a supervisor position and works night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We do talk about how him being at home makes me feel sometimes and it's a slow process, considering how sensitive things are right now and much stress there is. He told me I can "wave the nag flag" and I have. I did it yesterday when I was at school and instead of getting into a big fight about it, we just stopped and started talking about it at a later time.

I do appreciate everything that he has done in the time that he has been home because it helps me out when I'm at school. It's just, I dunno, the stress of finances plus the stress of school makes it worse.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Would he be willing to take a 'lesser' p/t job at the grocery store or something in the short term til a FT job pans out? OR would he feel thats beneath him?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To add a light note you made me think of that movie Fun with Dick and Jane.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sometimes amazes me how 2 married people that love each other, cannot enjoy having more time together.
    The girls and I cherish every spare moment we can spend with each other no matter what the circumstances are, and I can't see that ever changing.
    Of course I am an outdoors kind of guy, and when I am at home, I am normally outside from morning till dark tinkering around. So I am rarely ever in the way because I do not stay in the house unless it's freezing cold outside, but even then, I will stay in my man cave a lot!
    You need to cherish your time together, and discuss how to avoid getting on each others nerves. Take advantage of your time alone together if you know what I mean!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, sorry your family is going through this! Dealing with unemployment is tough on everyone, and it can be hard not to take your frustration out on eachother. But, maybe it would be helpful to set up some time when you two can get out of the house together and just enjoy being a couple again without worry about the job situation? I know that can be challenging with kids, but still worth it! Also, not sure if it would be helpful or not, but in my time at Focus on the Family I've come across a couple articles on dealing with a spouse's unemployment that you might want to do a search for on their website. Maybe it will give you some food for thought? Well, I'll be praying your husband gets a job soon! Hang in there!