Frugal Village Forums banner

Saving Saturday, August 6th

927 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Luv2BeFrugal 
#1 ·
Good Morning, I hope it's okay that I started this thread? I come to post and see that the weekends lately, no one has posted.

I've some things to get done today and hopefully I will [making a list here seems to be a tremendous help in keeping me on track!]

- Get keys from Frances
- Gather Betty's clothes, etc. [find list]
- Read paper/put it in Jackie's door

- Clean out vacuum cleaner[2]
- Find place to store extra groceries
- Address one postcard [for swap]

- Write down 5 account login info's to keep
- Go up and see Betty at the nursing home
- Check later to see if leak is still stopped [under sink]

Hope your Saturday is a nice one [it's really humid and raining here but it could be far worse so I'm not gonna complain!]

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a sleepless night, so I got up a little late. Went to the grocery store and spent only $24 that included chicken breasts, coffee, milk, foil, baking powder, 2 packs of cheese, 3 cans tomatoes, pound of beans, pound of rice, bunch of asparagus. Did all the laundry and went to Home Depot and bought my son a mulching lawn mower for his birthday. Keeping the grandkids tonight. Not doing much else.

#7 ·
Slept in - though had a restless night and sleep in this am. :( Lazed/lounged on couch watching movies with DH and caught up with friends on the phone. Prepped a nice snacky type dinner for DH and I: cheese & crackers with deli meats, garden salad, cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, fresh fruit for dessert and wine :)

#8 ·
~ did a load of laundry
~ continuing computer project
~ pre-studying for this fall's classes (YES! I love school!) :D
~ no drive day for Dh or me; leftovers for lunch, scrounging for dinner (whatever's around that needs to be eaten)
~ lights out most of day (it's really overcast today - kinda dark indoors)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.