Savin' Saturday! June 22, 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool Savin' Saturday! June 22, 2013

~What's on the agenda today?

I'll be doing the housecleaning while DH works this morning. Putting some split breasts in the crock and making some slaw and pasta salad for dinner. Then we're going out to test drive more new vehicles. On the way back we'll stop at the Save-A-Lot, since it is only cost effective to hit there when we happen to be in that part of town, and getting some $2lb bacon to stock the freezer. We'll swing by the SA to drop off donations bags. Then we're hitting Walmart to get some basic household stuff like tp and padlocks for the shed so I can transfer the sports equipment, bikes and yard care items out of the garage. Gotta' make room for storing the camper we're planning to purchase. It's going to be very nice to come home to a dinner all ready to go.
    Hope everyone has a fantastic day!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH is getting ready to take the camper north to Edmonton for a RC Helicopter meet. He'll be gone until tomorrow night.

The sunshine is deceiving today. Watching the news as the helicopter takes shots of the ocean now flowing in my prairie city. Downtown is closed to mid next week. 23 evacuated communities just in calgary. 12 cities and towns under a state of emergency. It's all too much. At this point everyone is just waiting for the water to go away to start the massive clean up. stampede is less than 2 weeks away and its a lake down there now.

Decided all my yard sale stuff will be donated when they require things. It's the least I can do.

I'm going no where today. No where to go right now anyways. My sister is spending the night tonite. Good night for a movie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Too bad some of that flood water can't meet up with some of the fires.

This morning, I finished off the cloth shelves for the camper and put Velcro on the pockets on the outside of a little binder for Husby to use on trips.

I think I'm going to drag Husby out to the camper later and go through things so we know what's there, weed out some stuff we don't need, put in some stuff we do need, then come in the house and sort some of the excess camping stuff to donate. We have to whip this place into shape before our housesitter comes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to make a denim jumper for summer. I looked at joann.com and found a 40% off regular priced item coupon.

When I got to the store, their denims were 50% off . I needed 2 3/4 yds and that was almost exactly what was on the end of bolt. Buying the entire piece gave me a further discount of $2.71 for buying the end of the bolt .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nadders - that is very generous of you! How far are you/how are you affected by the floods? Are they close to you?

Got laundry going this morning and waiting for my sis to show up for lunch if it doesn't get cancelled by dad. Other then that, nothing is planned Relaxing Saturday is planned.

Registered User AspiringToBeFrugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got some laundry going and the dishes done first thing this a.m. Picked up our box of food from the monthly co-op thing we participate in and then came home for lunch. Decided to save a little and NOT go to the farmers market this morning as I usually buy too much. With the co-op box I figure we have enough food for now and I'm just going to try to use up some of what we have before I make any big trips to the store or market.

The rest of the day will be working on some things for my work-from-home job and cleaning house.
    Every little bit helps.

July Goals
    15 No Spend Days - 4/15
    5 Eat Out Days - 2/5
    20 Exercise Days - 3/20
    Read 3 books - 1/3
    Only $275 for groceries - $0/$275
    Make a price book
    Make $200 - $88/$200

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We live in the north east of calgary. Thankfully the rivers do not flow through here and we are on high ground. Everything from the river banks south is pretty hard hit. We are about 15 mins from the flooded area. More than 100000 people have been evacuated. We are very lucky.

Everyone is ansty wanting to help...but right now all we can do is wait.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Watered my garden, started my Zumba videos, canned 5 pints of zucchini relish and cut some up to cure overnight to put up tomorrow, did laundry, and ate leftovers. Gotta set up my new printer later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cleaning closets here today...one down and 4 more to go...put spaghetti sauce in crockpot this morning so dinner is going good..cook spaghetti and toast the garlic bread that I made yesterday..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel like a slug after reading what everyone has been doing today!

All I've done is go to Kroger for a few good deals and then DH and I went to pick up our 40-foot ladder at my friend's house. Oh, and then we went to Fred's for some Dawn and glue and ice cube trays. Now DH is napping and I'm watching a show about the presidents on the History Channel. Supper will be grilled tilapia and a couple of sides.

We both did a lot yesterday and we are tired today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nadders, we just saw the footage out of Calgary on the national news here. Our hearts go out to your community, and all those affected by this disaster.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nadders, I am glad to hear you are safe where you are. Those floods are just horrible! I can't even imagine what it must be like as I have traveled through Calgary so many times. Take care and I think it is a great idea to donate your yard sale items to those who will need it.
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent the morning doing some housework and started an application for a new position I will try for within the same school. It isn't due until Monday so I have time to tweak it. I then made up some potato salad for dinner.

I spent the afternoon cleaning, organizing and purging one of our storage buildings. We have three and each time I walk in one, I get so overwhelmed, I turn and run but not today. Today I made some progress!

After dinner, I cleaned up and started some laundry (rates cheaper in the evening) and now I will start some homework on a class I am taking after I am done here on FV.
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.