Sunny Saturday

Thread: Sunny Saturday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Sunny Saturday

What's everyone doing this weekend?

It looks like Gripey and I will be going into "town" for the day. His mother is having some health issues and the family is gathering around. I think we'll be doing a meal and having a long visit with everyone today. I've got to workout first, so I better get moving. I hope everyone has a wonderfully fun, productive weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

no big plans this weekend. just plan on hanging out around the house & going to church mass at 5pm today. my dh has to work all weekend, so the kids & i will just be hanging out getting thigns ready for school, the big day is tuesday!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not feeling well today, I think I have come down with a touch of the flu. I have chills and fever, but not terribly, just enought to feel yucky. I have just been working on the afghan I am making for my sweetie's birthday, and watching really bad tv. Might sleep later. No energy whatsoever.

I have lots of leftovers from the past couple of das so I am just going to veg.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's beautiful here in Ohio.... sunny and a clear blue sky. The windows are open and I'm feeling very energetic.

I'm planning to tackle some decluttering projects in the family room today. All of DD's toys in that room are in a corner, but they always look messy. I'm planning to clean out one of our built-in cabinets and get her toys organized in there. I'm also going to rearrange some furniture & declutter the cabinet under the fish tank.

Otherwise, routine stuff here... laundry (two loads folded already, one in the wash now), cleaning up my desk, and writing a couple of letters. DD wants to take a walk later and we'll probably try to spend some time outside since it's so nice.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, last night after work, went to work. I made a pot of beef soup and some bread maker bread for him when he came home. Today we spent the day going to yard sales, then I dropped him off at his place so he could rest for a few hours before going to work again tonight. Tomorrow we're planning on spending the afternoon across the harbour in Dartmouth and he has a meeting for an interview that day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have already packed up my brothers kitchen and dh and I help to load the U Haul he is moving today. We have been out to lunch and now are getting our camping equipment out and ready for Monday. Grocery shopping to do and a salad to make for a birthday party tomorrow for my niece. Lots to do, laundry, packing, watering the gardens. I hope the trip is worth the work. I can't wait to be a beach bum.

Master Dollar Stretcher LastDragonfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, We are cleaning out the garage. We started yesterday and in the middle of having everything out of the garage on the driveway.....It decides to rain in SE NM. It hasn't rained here like this in 2 months at least. So we drag everything back into the garage. So today we've made headway, but it looks like a storm's a brewin again.

Our goal is to get the car in the garage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're taking it easy this weekend. We were going to go to the fair last night to watch the demolition derby but it didn't happen. DH had an epidural cortisone injection last night. His Dr. always seems to schedule these things at the last minute so we don't find out until the day before that its going to happen so it scrubs any plans we have. Oh well.

He took me out for breakfast this morning, then we walked over to the craft store next door. I ended up buying a pattern book, a crochet hook and a thing of yarn. I've never crocheted before LOL. (I'm open to any help and suggestions ) So it looks like I'm going to *try* to learn how to crochet this weekend.

I'm also going to make my first batch of fresh pico de gallo salsa this season. Tomatoes are FINALLY cheap enough to make some.
    “When you get to the end of all the light you know
    and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
    faith is knowing that one of two things will happen:
    you will be given something solid to stand on,
    or you will be taught how to fly.” - Edward Teller

“Our Earth is degenerate in these later days;
    there are signs that the world is speedily
    coming to an end;
    bribery and corruption are common; children no
    longer obey their parents;
    every man wants to write a book and the
    end of the world is evidently approaching.”
    — From a translation of an inscription on
    an Assyrian clay tablet, circa 2800 B.C.E.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference

aho mitakuye oyasin

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today we went to Walmart, and took a nap. Now I'm on the computer, then dinner, and picking up the house.

June grocery challenge $114.99/$400

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had a beautiful family day today went to a celebration of my sister's in-laws 50th Wedding anniversary. We are a very tight family unit so it was grandma(my mom's mom), mom, dad, both of my sisters, one brother-in-law, several nieces, one nephew, then all of the relatives from the brother-in-laws family.
    Olive Garden in Pinellas Park had a seperate room which we took over at 11 am and finally left at 2pm. WOW!! A whole lotta hugging going on.

We came home to Bradenton and had nap hour and now are getting round to doing some small household things. Tommorrow will be a quiet day as DH and DS will be going to work at midnight on a remodel job which will happen every night next week.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wink

Hanging around the house today. My Dd2 had spend the night company last evening and they left around lunch today. She is taking a nap. Trying to get organized to start canning. It is so hot and humid we just do not have the energy to do much. At least I am not out spending money. All meals are here at the house. Tori

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I went to the PO this morning and then headed to Providence for a plant club meeting (dh's thing ) I was planning to just veg around the house, but I changed my mind when I saw how beautiful it was outside

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to some yard sales, dollar tree, walgreens, and two thrift stores this morning. Not too frugal, we had Olive Garden for lunch (but to our credit we've not eaten out at all this week which is outstanding for us). Came home and read for a long time. Then took a nap. Tonight I'm going to work on some plastic canvas and maybe some cross stitch. Hang out on here a while, and read some more. Tomorrow doing a little grocery shopping, and making a trip to the flea market. May go to the naval base and do a free tour of the lighthouse there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, Saturday's almost over now. It's been a BUSY day!

I had to 'work' today, it was the big kick off for the new restaurant. It was tons of fun I won a scratch off ticket (won $1 lol), a tshirt, a frisbee, a keychain, a latte mug, and a pen

Then after work we went to a BBQ for a friend who just returned from Iraq. We only got home about an hour ago. Tons of fun! Tomorrow is catch up day lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spent part of the day painting 12 4x8 sheets of bead board for the porch ceiling, then went to neighbor's house and got a whole baskets of tomatoes (Yum!) and a bag of cookies to come home with.. LOL Guess it wasn't too bad.