Frugal Village Forums banner

Typical Saturday

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  dolphin 
#1 ·
Been up around here since 7 am. Just can't seem to sleep in any longer even on a weekend <sigh>.

This morning is a quick tidy as DH has a borad meeting at 10:30 in my diningroom for his Plumeria Group.
So dishwasher emtpied and refilled
Dryer emtpied and clean towels hung in hall bath
Fur bags fed (2 dogs and 3 cats)
email read and responded

This afternoon will be a work around the house day
Need to order paint for Mondays job and go and pick it up
Have several items to post on freecycle

This evening a quiet night at home watching new Christmas DVD's

Laurie in Bradenton

Weather here in record temps should be 70 at noon is 70 when we get up and hits 80 during the day. Crazy Weather!:sun:

See less See more
#2 ·
Not a great morning for me :sigh: I woke up feeling awful. I think my cold has turned into a sinus infection. Anyway.... I really need to take my tree down sometime this weekend. That's the last of the Christmas stuff. Everything else is put away. DH also wants to go to a matinee this afternoon to see 'Children of Men' Not sure I'll feel up to it, but all I have to do is sit there, right? LOL!

#3 ·
Sorry your still under the weather Joy...take it easy and try to get some rest, that ol tree can wait.

It's 42 right now and it's supposed to get colder and colder till wed. and then maybe finally a little snow.

So far I have: Had 2 cups of coffee :morning:

Need to : get laundry rolling
get on treadmill
clean out cat boxes
get some chili going in crockpot

Trying not to go anywhere today, I tightened the budget a little to much...have to keep hubby from spending this weekend. I'll get him started on a video game :nerv2:

#4 ·
It is a cool but otherwise lovely day outdoors here today. Temps are in the low 40s and rising but the sun is shining.

Today I plan on:
~scrubbing kitchen floor and bathroom floor
~shredding mail that has piled up
~cleaning and vacuuming the inside of my car
~knitting, knitting, knitting:knit:

#6 ·
I woke up with a major headache this morning so I am slow going today. We are not going anywhere today I dont think. Just puttering around the house.
I have already:
showered
fed cats
cleaned cat boxes
emptied dishwasher
straightened living room
I need to do some washing and we will be working on the checkbook today too. Hopefully a no spend day here

#7 ·
Good morning, ladies. It's dreary out today, but not too cold. I'm hoping the rain is finished for awhile. I woke up at 5 as DH had to be at work by 6 this morning. I think he's hoping on only having to work until noon but we'll see. The delivery guy called at 7 to confirm delivery of our new mattress for the spare bedroom. They were supposed to arrive between noon & 2, but they called about half an hour ago and asked if they could go ahead and bring it. So, they just left with the old mattress & got the new one set up. I've got some laundry going & need to unload the dishwasher. I'm going out later this afternoon to use some coupons & CVS Extrabucks. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

#8 ·
Tried to sleep in today, but just couldn't. I woke up, ae breakfast, showered and got ready to take DS#1 to his girlfriend's swim meet. I ended up missing a FedEx delivery, but they posted they will be back on Tuesday. I guess I can wait until then because I really don't need the package until the 18th anyway. It is DS#2's birthday present, an apple ipod. Just as long as they keep it safe, I am ok with them holding on to it for a few more days.

I started laundry already. I emptied and loaded the dishwasher. I have some planning I need to do. I also need to do a few more hours of drivers ed with DS#2 since he will be getting his DL's on the 18th. He has held his permit since the summer; it has been over 7 months. In Texas, they must hold it at least 6 months. I feel he is a strong driver; he is actually better than his older brother.

I just need to do some general cleaning....bathrooms, floors, etc.

It is suppose to be in the high 40's here today. That sure is a big change from yesterday's high 70's weather.

#9 ·
It's an A-typical Saturday here in NJ...it's almost 70 degrees out there! I have the front door open with the screen in, and am wearing leggings and a light Tshirt.:hot: I'm thankful to be saving on the heating bill, but it can't be healthy for the environment. We'll be paying for this in July when we have a drought, water restrictions, and mosquitoes the size of the Hindenburg:ack:

I want :bigsnow: :snowing: :snowman: !!

#10 ·
I've been up since 6:30 this morning. Dad had to get up early because he had a trip to go on with the Seniors group today:)

It's a freezing 36* here in Wa. this morning & we survived another wind storm last night, all the damage was north of Seattle this time:sigh: but I'm tired of all these wind & :rain: storms hitting us, I'm like Jo I want :snowing: for a change. We haven't had a good snow storm here {except the passes which are still getting a lot of it now}in a while.

I got dinner is cooking in the crockpot {roast with all the trimmings}Yummy :D

Did my daily :read:

had my :coffee3: to help keep me going this morning

took my meds

had waffles for breakfast

straightened up the livingroom

cleaned the kitchen

we both forgot to take garbage can out to the curb last night & it was too late this morning so now we have to wait until Friday {reg. garbage day} for can to get emptied:eek::angry:

I still need to wash 1 load of laundry in cold water

update website

go through coupons & make coupon box {cheaper than buying one}

check my ebay

do my daily surveys for :dollar:

dust

#11 ·
I finally got a good night's sleep last night which was wonderful. I feel some better today but I'm gonna forego the workout with hopes that it helps me get over the cold quicker. I do feel better today though.

Not gonna make major plans for the whole day. We will be putting the Christmas stuff away today but other than that, a couple of loads of laundry and that's about it. I may do *some* cleaning as I put away the Christmas stuff but not too much. On the other hand I may wait till tomorrow to do that too ;). Not too worried about it as the house isn't bad at the moment.

I hope everyone is staying healthy. Have a great Saturday!

#12 ·
Here it is after 1:00 in the afternoon and I am finally just getting online! So far today I have:

Met with my study group
Unloaded, reloaded, and started the dishwasher

I still need to:

Read a chapter for school
Pick up just a few things at the store
Make dinner
Relax

#13 ·
so far today I've done the dishes, cleaned out the fridge, taken out the garbage and started some laundry. All that was this morning. Paige fell asleep for her nap around 1 so while she napped I caught up on the soaps I dvr'ed this week.

She's up now and as soon as the dryer cuts off and I get that laundy up I will start some more and head to the grocery store.

Have a good day everyone :)

#15 ·
Simple, simple, simple day for me!!

I've been doing my normal daily routines, washed & hung one load of laundry, brought dd to work, picked a couple of things up, and have just been vegging on the couch!! LOL

#16 ·
morning!
today dh did laundry
we cleaned the house
dd picked me upand we went to a thrift store, she found lots of goodies
came home and took a nap
need to get dinner going

#17 ·
I came home to a very clean house and so not to deminish all of dh's work, I elected to not clean up anything else. None of us slept well last night so dh is sleeping today. I visited a friend and she talked me into volunteering to help her on Monday for a couple of hours.

We're having chili for dinner so easy, peasy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.