Frugal Village Forums banner

I LOVE Goodwill

Tags
goodwill love
2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Sophiasmama 
#1 ·
I went with my son the other day and we got some great deals. I got my older son 2 pair of sports/workout pants, 1 pair for ds #2, and then a brand new pair of old navy jeans for ds#2 and a nice button down shirt. I also got some books for me, I LOVE to read. Then I scored this gorgeous cardigan and top for my dd #2. She wore the sweater today and it looked like a boutique find! For baby girl I got a barbie pop up tent for $5 to replace the one that got destroyed by some friends kiddos. I got 5 books for $10, I usually spend that on one book. I got all my goodies for a total of $46!

#2 ·
We love ours, too. It just opened in September and this town has needed a good thrift store FOREVER. For us it's been a great place to get bargains, but also to have a convenient place to donate our own excess. Which we're being careful not to add to by buying too much!

#8 ·
You may want to buy books from yard sales $2 a piece for books seems high, even for hardbacks. Here even at the regular GW they are 2/1. I guess prices vary from state to state. At yard sales you can usually get books for .25 a piece, but you still did great and WTG !!!!!!

#9 ·
I have just got my husband loving it as well! We have found a coffee table and side table there recently. I get all of my sweaters there as well. With three teenage girls and myself we have to find ways to save on clothes!

#10 ·
Our Goodwill books are 5/$1 paperbacks and $1 each hardbacks and I always get good finds. I have a friend with a home library of 8,000+ books and he likes getting used books as gifts so I check out Goodwill for him. For me, I found my whole set of Corelle dishes there cheap and the last time I went found a brand new pair Aeropostale shorts with tags still attached for DD1 for only $1.99.

#13 ·
I went back yesterday when we were in town running errands. Hubby was a Sweetie and sat in the car while I picked up everything in the store I wanted. Got shorts and pants for both of my boys. Picked up some pants for baby girl. I have enough jeans for her when she is a size 2T that I won't have to buy retail, so I am on the lookout for 3T and 4T.

#14 ·
We went right before Christmas and I got a Coach wallet for myself for $10! I know, I am a little materialistic! lol...My sister, however, found a St. John's ladies suit for $7.99 and has already sold it on ebay for 127.00!!!!! She knows how to find a bargain. I am not that good. But, I still love to look! My kids always find hoodies and t-shirts for cheap. I like that. I get some tops sometimes. I really like our Baptist Mission thrift store. Lots of good stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.