I got my Kindle!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking I got my Kindle!

~I've been looking and waiting for months for a great deal on a used one. I was sure that someone in our acquaintance had upgraded over Christmas and would have an older Kindle to get rid of so I mentioned it around but nothing. I mentioned it to my SIL over the weekend while we were visiting and she instantly got me connected with her friend's used reader. It's like brand new. It's an older model but is only 3 months "old" since it was a warranty replacement Kindle. The first one took a beating on deployment.
    The 3G model is selling for $189 new right now and mine is very much like it. I easily kept my budget and really got a good deal.
    It also came with a leather cover and the plug and cord. I already downloaded some free books and am checking out how to borrow books from my library. Any tips?
    Word-of-mouth thrift shopping is a little weird since business between friends can be awkward but it does work if you're patient!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Enjoy your kindle.
    Loving Wife to Ken 29 yrs & 3 sons
    My furbaby: /Sparky paw:Jack Russel,Beagle,Dashaund mix
    Change jar ?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God & he will give you your hearts desires. (Matt 6:33)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my favorite site for finding free or cheap books for the Kindle or other e-books, Free ebooks, bargain books and book reviews for the Amazon Kindle, nook, Kobo, Sony and other ereaders from Books on The Knob

I got mine less than six months ago I am sure I have 60 books did not pay more than 3.99 for hardly any of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What do you like to read?

BaenCD at the Fifth Imperium
    Has a lot of science fiction books from the Baen label. And by a lot, I mean almost all of them. Baen offers them up for free, legally.

Project Gutenberg - free ebooks
    Project Gutenberg has books that are out of copyright, which includes the majority of the classics. They also have a lot of old anthology samplers of various genres.

Free Books for Your Kindle | eReaderIQ.com
    This site lists books available for free from Amazon itself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Mostly I like to read classics(which is awesome for all the free stuff!), Christian topical and Christan fiction, money matters, true historical crime books, political opinion, and anything related to small homes/space-saving/minimalism.
    The first freebie I downloaded was "The Time Machine". None of my county's three libraries have it. Isn't that crazy?
    Speaking of libraries, it seems that my county participates in Overdrive, the online borrowing portal. Has anyone used it? I want to confirm it's legit before I start an account with my email and library number. It has a great selection of best-sellers and current/popular fiction to borrow.
    I'm going to try really hard to not spend any money on books this year at least. It may be impossible with Christian titles though. They're nearly impossible to find in libraries here. I wonder if CO will be any better in that area?~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~Mostly I like to read classics(which is awesome for all the free stuff!), Christian topical and Christan fiction, money matters, true historical crime books, political opinion, and anything related to small homes/space-saving/minimalism.
    The first freebie I downloaded was "The Time Machine". None of my county's three libraries have it. Isn't that crazy?
    Speaking of libraries, it seems that my county participates in Overdrive, the online borrowing portal. Has anyone used it? I want to confirm it's legit before I start an account with my email and library number. It has a great selection of best-sellers and current/popular fiction to borrow.
    I'm going to try really hard to not spend any money on books this year at least. It may be impossible with Christian titles though. They're nearly impossible to find in libraries here. I wonder if CO will be any better in that area?~
    I have been able to download lots of free Christian fiction. and Topical Christian I guess would be about a topic, I recently downloaded for free Love is a verb by Gary Chapman ( I think that was the author same guy as five love languages I think)

My advice on free books check often as it changes often and always double check to make sure it is still free when you click that button. Had on change as I was getting ready to click the buy for free button. Bad timing on my part.

Oh, and it is sad that you find Christian fiction hard to find in your library. Our has a whole section just for Christian fiction. My library calls them inspirational fiction my mom's library calls them gentle reads.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you send me your email I can link you to a program called Dropbox and share all of my books if you're interested.
    Grace , single mommy to two beautiful girls

DD Chloe (03/2010)
    DD Emma (05/2011)

Challenges:
    No Spend- January 0/23
    Change Jar Challenge: $0/$200

Debt Snowball as of 12/25/13
    Kohls $794/$870
    Wells Fargo $1097
    Chase $6950/$6942
    Chase $5249/$5242
    BOFA $4933/$4983
    Honda $7552/$9295

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also heard that Audible.com has free books. I've actually found some great free books on amazon.com just from browsing through the freebies. I found a couple of authors i enjoy that way.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Overdrive is legit---my library uses it. I love it!
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You will find tons of Christian and Christian fiction titles listed on ereaderiq.com, a site that someone already mentioned. Each title has a basic genre listed with it, and you can also run a filter to find just those. I check it often for sci-fi titles.

If you find a free title you are even remotely interested in, get it then. Some are free for only a day or, I suspect, even less, and there is no way to tell which ones those are. You can always delete them from your Amazon archive later if you change your mind and don't want it.

I use Overdrive for the occasional audio book.

I only find a very few, and insignificant things for free of audible, and you have to be a member. If you are looking for free audio, you can check out librivox.org. I've downloaded a couple of things. I thing the quality is pretty uneven, because the readers are volunteers. Of the two I tried - I don't even remember what they were - one reader I really did not like, the other was excellent. I listened to them on an MP3 if I remember, not the Kindle, so I don't know if they work on that. Audible titles do, of course.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~The posted sites are so helpful! TY everyone!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Many public libraries use Overdrive it's the tool you need. The Books on the Knob site I mentioned earlier almost always has free or almost free Christian fiction and non-fiction books listed.