My deals today

Thread: My deals today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default My deals today

We hit about four garage sales and Goodwill today. At the garage sales we got:

~a Cabela's 100% down jacket with coyote fur trim in good condition for my mom, free.
    ~52 oz. PINK Bubba Keg for my husband, new with tags, $1. (The pink will wind up the guys we camp with. It should be hilarious. )
    ~Wrought iron trivet to use as lid stand for camp Dutch oven, .25.
    ~Two volumes of Spinning Spools quilt pattern club by Georgia Bonesteel, $2.50.
    ~Box to hold a couple dozen rings or more, .25. Needs a little work but well worth the price.
    ~Blue reflectors for the end of the driveway (snowplow bait), 3/$1.

At Goodwill, I found a tablecloth that coordinates with the comforters in our camper and the other half of the privacy curtain. I need that for a privacy curtain. It was half price, like new, and only cost me $1.

Also at Goodwill, I found a quilted bedspread that EXACTLY matches the three comforters in our camper. I can fold it in half and stitch it together to make a fourth comforter. Perfect! Also half price, so it cost me only $3.50. Lucky finds!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You seem to get a lot of interesting stuff

I found canning jars, and hunting clothers today. And a few other misc odds and ends. A heavy duty looks like new, potato ricer for 50 cents.
    A canning jar lifter for 75 cents. I did not need it, but a spare never hurts.
    Yesterday I also found canning jars, and a good heavy pot with a lid for $ 1.
    --------My signature--------
    The economy is now uncharted waters... grab a oar and start rowing. ~~
    Put the frog in pot, turn up the heat real slow, and the frog doesn't hop out. And by the time he realizes, he should , it's too late... think about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer,
    Would you like an all expenses paid vacation to Boston? I need you here to help me shop .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, Ramona, I would very much indeed like an all expenses paid trip to Boston!

I used to work with community theater as costume director, so I'd go out shopping for theater stuff for various plays. The prop mistress loved me, because I'd always drag back tons of cool props from thrift stores. The people who dealt with the money loved me because the stuff I bought enhanced the plays without spending much of anything. The stage manager loved me because I'd bring him things like real fur coats I picked up for $2 each that he could use to sculpt this or that piece that he couldn't have made otherwise, like an amazing wolf's head for a costume in one of our plays. The drama director was always amazed at the stuff I came back with when I'd go looking for costume bits and pieces. He said I was a natural theater scrounge. I just thought it was fun to see what I could come up with.

The first play I worked on, I had to go to Minneapolis for personal reasons. I knew we'd be hitting the thrifts and I asked for $200 in cash before I went, so I could pick up theater stuff. They weren't real excited at the idea, but finally they decided to take a chance that I wouldn't blow it. I came home with a van load of stuff, a pile of receipts to account for it all, and three cents in change which I returned to them. They never again thought twice about giving me money.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I forgot I also bought a large CD case that's hard plastic inside a padded bag. The hard plastic has two sections, each about the size of a small shoebox. It'll be perfect for carrying fragile tacky lights for the camper, so they won't get crushed. That cost a whole quarter.

Also got a like-new scrapbook, except it had page protectors but no pages, for fifty cents.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some great deals. Way to shop!

Wish I could find some canning jars.........none yet. Our TS $ on them is only slightly less than new....crazy!