Today's finds
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's finds

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Today's finds

I've been looking for one of those bags people use for toiletries when they travel. The kind with lots of pockets and a hook at the top for hanging, that fold up to put in a suitcase. I wanted one for a first aid kit in the new trailer.

I was also thinking about something similar to use for stuff like hairbrushes and similar items, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.

So today I found not one, but two such bags! One is larger and will be perfect for the first aid kit. The other is smaller and should work well for the toiletries. They were $3 each. One looks new, the other almost new. We are going to get rid of our duffel bags in order to save space, so will need a place for small items like combs.

I also found a ceramic pepper mill I never thought I'd find for $1. It needs cleaning but I own soap and water, so no problem there. I'm excited to give it a try. I'm always looking for a good pepper mill and I've heard ceramic ones are supposed to be especially nice.

Last week while on vacation I found a Swiffer-style mop for $2 at Salvation Army, which I bought for the handle, because it comes apart. I don't have a place in the camper to store a full-length broom. But the funny part of that is, the next night I won a really super-nice RV broom with dustpan that extends and retracts. It was one of the door prizes we gave away. It's just perfect! Love that.

I also got a small oval mirror with a faux wrought iron frame for .69 that will fit in the camper so we can make sure we look presentable before we go out and scare our camping neighbors. And a plastic storage milk crate-style basket for a dollar that I'm going to shorten and use to store bath towels in the camper.

I guess it's easy to see I'm focusing on needs for the camper at the moment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the first aid kit idea in the bag - can you take a picture when you're finished?

good finds!

congrats on winning the door prize! that's great!

I think it's great you're focusing on the camper - that's the best way to get it done. After you're happy with the camper needs, you can focus on something else.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Banks Sasha Max Lilly Charlie Chianti Jasper Marty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We also won a really nice two burner Coleman stove at the rally. I'm torn on that one though. We don't need two stoves and I have a vintage Coleman stove that was the last Christmas gift my dad ever gave me, so I'd like to use that one and I'm for sure never getting rid of it. But the new one is smaller and in our new trailer, every inch matters.

I'll try to remember to take a pic when I get the first aid kit done. I have to figure out a good way to put FIRST AID in big red letters so it's easy to spot. We wouldn't necessarily be the ones looking for it in an emergency. I have to figure out where it goes, too. Maybe above the fire extinguisher right inside the door.

We used to use a make-up case for a first aid kit. That was about the size of a shoe box and had a mirror in it and everything, but there's no room for it in the new trailer.

I'm trying really hard not to drag much new stuff into the house till we get rid of a bunch more, so I'm being very selective. I have to be careful about buying for the trailer too, but there are specific things I'm looking for right now.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    We also won a really nice two burner Coleman stove at the rally. I'm torn on that one though. We don't need two stoves and I have a vintage Coleman stove that was the last Christmas gift my dad ever gave me, so I'd like to use that one and I'm for sure never getting rid of it. But the new one is smaller and in our new trailer, every inch matters.

I'll try to remember to take a pic when I get the first aid kit done. I have to figure out a good way to put FIRST AID in big red letters so it's easy to spot. We wouldn't necessarily be the ones looking for it in an emergency. I have to figure out where it goes, too. Maybe above the fire extinguisher right inside the door.

We used to use a make-up case for a first aid kit. That was about the size of a shoe box and had a mirror in it and everything, but there's no room for it in the new trailer.

I'm trying really hard not to drag much new stuff into the house till we get rid of a bunch more, so I'm being very selective. I have to be careful about buying for the trailer too, but there are specific things I'm looking for right now.
    How about bright red nailpolish?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good idea.

I'm going to see if I have any red or orange plastic canvas and maybe cut letters out of that, or maybe do some counted cross stitch. The canvas might wear better.

I could stencil something with red fabric paint, too.

It's nice to have options.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great deals!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great finds.......great shopping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're going again today, but I'm not expecting to find anything since we were just there yesterday.

I'm looking for Tupperware popsicle molds now. I found a set for $1 earlier this summer but they're rare anymore. I just now bought two sets on eBay. Owie! But they'll pay for themselves. Considering how long it's taken me to find the ten molds I have, I don't expect to find any locally very soon. If I do, it'll be a bonus. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a couple more T-ware sets since the husband and the dog both like frozen treats too and we're all too old to fight over this stuff. Words can't describe how much I hate the non-T-ware molds I have, so I'm willing to pay eBay prices to avoid the aggravation of using them. Besides, the pops they make are way too big.

I can justify anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm looking for Tupperware popsicle molds now.

I can justify anything.

Too bad we can't start some sort of 'club' where when we find something that someone was looking for we get it and send it............

Can you believe...............I just saw some at a thrift shop a week or so ago...............are you talking about the ones that had the 'holder' that held about 6 or 8 of them..............held them upright while they froze.......and had little plastic things for 'sticky guard' and the stick???

Gees..............I think I might still have some downstairs like that!!!!!! Think my 'holder' held 6..........not sure.

It is similar to the fourth one down in this post...................BUT MINE AREN'T EVEN COLORED!!

The Very Best Popsicle Molds | Alphamom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They're similar, but these are the ones I got:
    Lot 2 Sets Tupperware Ice Tups Popsicle Maker Frozen Treat Molds + Recipes EUC | eBay
    I'm happy with the purchase, although the sticker shock was hard to take for a while. I think it was harder for my husband to take when I informed him though. LOL.

I have some I don't like, so I'm fussy. I also want the T-ware ones because they'll all be the same size which makes it a lot easier to calculate the nutritional content per pop. They're shaped nicely to make them easier to get out of the mold too. Plus they have good tight seals so I can take them out of the trays and shove them in the camper freezer and know they're well sealed.

I'm a cheapskate to the core, but when I find good tools I don't mind paying for them.

We didn't find a thing at GW today, so that's good. We couldn't find the only garage sale in town either, so that was good too. Less clutter.

It was crazy in town today. The tourist invasion seemed worse than usual.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, SD, mine are like the ones that say "vintage" on them............. yep, that old!!

Can't recall the last time I used them..............really need to clear out some stuff! The dishes and misc. 'stuff' I could handle but the thought of giving any
    hobby stuff away gives me heart palpitations!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I looked at the ones you linked to but didn't see any that said 'vintage'. I guess it doesn't matter.

Mine are supposed to ship today! I'll be excited to get them. I've been discussing possible flavors with my diet buddy and now I have tons of ideas to try. Mint chocolate sounds really good, and so does pistachio. Plus there's that whole popsicle thread Nuisance26 started a while back, which I have bookmarked for more ideas. It'll be fun trying new stuff!

I love a lot of vintage stuff and think it's better than the newer stuff. I don't know why companies stop making the good stuff and start making crap instead. Makes no sense to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I looked at the ones you linked to but didn't see any that said 'vintage'. I guess it doesn't matter.

No, the 'vintage ones' were in YOUR link..............no color to them............the opaque plastic..............might have to dig them out!!
    I didn't like them as, to keep them upright in the freezer, they took up a lot of room.........so I started using popsicle sticks and freezing in ice cube trays.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As far as clean up I use a dollar store spray bottle w/ 1/6 bleach to 5/6 water.
    And Womans Day magazine this month had melon pops w/ mint and strawberries.
    They used the food processor on the melon. So If anyone wants to check it out. Wonder if they are on line? Dmom gifted DD a sub. to it.

Great finds. BTW.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my NTU eBay popsicle molds and I'm so glad I bought them. The seller included a packet of recipes, a lot of which I'll be able to eat. Now I have 22 molds so that should be enough for bigger batches of stuff.

Can't wait to try making lime dreamsicles. I love lime!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast