Frugal Village Forums banner

Got to love the Goodwill!!

Tags
goodwill love
1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Marie78 
#1 ·
Every Tuesday everything with a surtain color sticker is .29 cents (NO clothes or shoes) Today it was the pink tags.
This is what I got:
6 HB books (will resell)
4 VHS Tapes we didn't Have (For us)
7 Genius Game Tapes w/boxes (Will resell)
1 Tape set (Will resell)
1 Fubu Shirt NWT (Will resell)
2 Small toys for grandbabies
1 My Little Pony (Will resell)
5 New Crossstitch Panels (For MIL)
1 Slide Projecter Machine (Will resell)
and
1 Large Hardshell Luggage Carrier for the car (.29!!!!)

I spend $16.16

Them I went to another Thift store:
5 Bags of Pears (FREE):cheer4:
4 VHS Tapes (For Us)
150 Records (Will resell)

I spent $12.26

I should Make around $200.00 from the stuff to resell. I'll let ya Know.

I only go to the goodwill on sale days. I'm so glad I went today:yippee:

See less See more
#6 ·
That is a truly awesome sale! I should call the thrift stores around here to see when their sale days are!

I go to the American Council of the Blind every Monday when they have 1/2 off everything but furniture from 1-2 and 5-6. I've found some real bargains!

How do you know if something is going to be worth reselling? I've been thinking of doing this as well and I just am not sure what to target!

#9 ·
I have a booth at a local resell mall. Mostly I sell books, videos, cd, ect. there.
I sell on Amazon.com. Also media type stuff.
and on e-bay for all other stuff.

I have around 100,000+ books (my aunt left her book store to me in her will)

I make around 500.00 per month from the booth, 300.00-500.00 per month at amazon and 100.00-500.00 per week on e-bay.

I also babysit 2 kids and keep the books for my husbands business. This fall I start a teaching job at my kids private school.

#10 ·
You are doing so well, I tried Ebay but got so frustrated with it. It seemed that people wanted to pay pennies on the dollar and I just gave up. :pdoff: Maybe I should re-try.

#11 ·
I love e-bay. I just had 68 auctions go off. Out of the 68, 34 sold. After fees and purchase prices, I made 221.34. That will pay for our next "Shooting Trip". My family shoots guns. We have the state championship coming up in November. My DH and DS hold the 2006 titles. I held the 2005 title. Hoping all 3 of us get titles this year!

Go for it again. My advice: DO your research to see what is selling now. It goes though phases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.