Frugal Village Forums banner

Got a new sewing machine!!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Debbie-cat 
#1 ·
My sewing machine was not working again (tension problems...AGAIN!!). My mom was going to get it fixed for me for my birthday, but she and my dad decided to just take me to Sears and buy me a new one!! It is another Kenmore with purple on it. I love it!!! It's so so quiet ~ I can even hear the tv while I'm sewing!!

#7 ·
Congrats on the new machine. I have a brother which I still have yet to setup since our move but I want to make myself some curtains, lol.

#10 ·
My last one was a Kenmore too. I loved it. It was one they clearanced because someone brought it back. I had it on a buffet table that wasn't the sturdiest thing in the world, so I think that had something to do with the tension constantly going out.

Anyway, when I got home with the new one, I commandeered the dining room table and brought it upstairs to my sewing room and put the buffet table in the dining room. LOL A new dining room table is only $60, so if I can't find a used one on Craigslist, I'll get the dining room a new one.

It's cheaper to replace the table than the sewing machine...and the kids think it's cool to eat on the buffet table (weirdos, lol).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.