Frugal Village Forums banner

Busy moms(and dads!) who sew

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  nuisance26 
#1 ·
~I was so blessed with my first dd. She was an absolute angel and would sit for hours in a bouncer or play on the floor while I sewed. Dd #2 is a wonderful baby but she wants me all the time. I homeschool when she's napping. By the time DH gets home I'm usually too tired to sew. The weekends always seem packed with things that need to be done.
I want some sewing time back!!
Any tips for busy people? Do I just have to wait this stage out?~

#3 ·
coincidently I just brought out my sewing machine last week to do a very quick thing and I thought "wow, I should do this more often".

Now "when" is a very good question. I've been in my house almost two years and I still have the kit to make one shade for my sons room. it doesn't even technically require sewing and finding the time for that hasn't happened yet.

basically I think it comes down to...if you really want to do it, you will find the time.

#6 ·
~The baby is on a fairly regular schedule now but sleeps only around 2 hours during the day. I have to use that time for homeschooling. Anything that needs to be read has to have me sitting over ds constantly to be sure it's done.
The baby has a very short attention span compared to my other two kids. She can usually only deal with being in a certain spot(jumper, high chair with toys)for about 10 minutes at a time.
I think one of the major problems I'm having is set-up and clean-up. I have to share my craft area with kitchen and homescholing stuff. It make 5 minutes to get everything out and that leaves just 5 minutes to work until the baby is cranky. She's very jealous of everything I do that doesn't involve playing with her. :p And then the "mess" sits out and I hate that!
But is also a matter of making time for it. I took advantage of those 5-10 minute snippets today and got some projects started. Felt great!~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.