I'm so LUCKY, Sewing.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you got it going!

Kenmores, that's funny! I traded in a top of the line Kenmore for my Viking. Why? Because the Kemore averaged a trip to the shop once a month and I got tired of paying for it. That thing would not hold the proper timing for anything. This was before I learned to reset timing myself. At the time I was driving ninety miles one way for service, too. It sucked!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is funny - my Kenmore, Vikings and Pfaff have all been work horses for me - thank goodness!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I hadn't tried to sew the hems on the jeans I made for the kids maybe it would have made a difference. Heavy stuff knocked it out of whack most times and I never learned my lesson because after all, it said in the instruction book it was supposed to be able to sew hems on jeans.

You could check online and see if you could find an instruction book for the machine you need it for.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did a cursory search, but since I do not have the model #, could not find anything. When I have more time I shall search more becauses this machine is a keeper!!
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

there should be a plate on the machine somewhere. Found this site that might help http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...elpXLocateHelp I have 2 kenmore sewing machines and a serger that I love! They are workhorses for me and I do alot of sewing when my hands are feeling up to it.

I did get some sewing done this weekend!! I got a couple pairs of pants hemmed and alot of coffee cozies cut out. Hoping that my hands hold out now that it's warmer out!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I posted this on the crochet thread........but thought I would put it in here in case anyone does 'sweater felting'......they have some cute stuff on this link and get them at TS and that makes the item pretty darn cheap.............be sure to buy wool........NOT MERINO WASHABLE WOOL.

30+ Things To Make With Old Sweaters : TipNut.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG Mauimagic!
    My oldest dau came over today & used my sewing machine to hem pants. I think I will dig my 20yr old, 99$ Brother machine from Walmart, out for her & give it to her. Last time I used it, it worked.
    Keep up the sewing... Get'r done!!
    Ali

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks frugalfranny! I added it to my favorites. I made around 40 pairs of felted gloves for xmas, 2 yrs ago.
    Ali

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Lee View Post
    I made around 40 pairs of felted gloves for xmas, 2 yrs ago.

I love my fingerless, felted gloves......keep a pair in the car, and by my computer all winter. One pair I made with a felted sweater---other pair was a gift.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My outdoor umbrella needed sewing done on it..I sure wasn't throwing it away! The top turret (material) @ 1 brace came undone, so..I got out the trusty dental floss, darner needle, stood on a step stool with hubby holding me, I sewed it back together. Yeah, I know, I should have taken it out of the table, layed it down, would have been safer... But, it's done!!
    Also sewed a button back on a work shirt.
    Ali

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I still do not have my Pfaff back - the repair store is not answering the phone and does not have an answering machine - so I took another ride over - and the repair man must still be sick - its been 5 weeks now and I really need to get started on the bridesmaid's dresses. I know, still have to decide on the final design - create the patterns and cut out. Lots to do before I need the machine

WTG Ali on fixing your umbrella!! Dental floss is soooo useful - we use dental tape to sew leis here.

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Well, I still do not have my Pfaff back - the repair store is not answering the phone and does not have an answering machine - so I took another ride over - and the repair man must still be sick - its been 5 weeks now and I really need to get started on the bridesmaid's dresses. I know, still have to decide on the final design - create the patterns and cut out. Lots to do before I need the machine

WTG Ali on fixing your umbrella!! Dental floss is soooo useful - we use dental tape to sew leis here.
    Haha, I use dental tape to sew up the sides of DH's slippers (he has wide feet)

Maui, at this point I would send a registered letter with a return receipt and a stamped self addressed envelope for a reply. Not being nasty but just inquiring about his health and if you could pick up the machine soon as you need it for weddings. Someone must be picking up the mail and paying the electric and phone, having a return receipt will let you know someone has picked it up. I would be nibbling my nails by now. Is there another person that can do repairs?

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeow, MM, the sewing machine issue is bad news.

Hope you get it worked out soon............and find out what is going on! BUT......if push comes to shove......you do have other machines, right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good idea SD - will be going over for a dental appointment on Tuesday and give the shop another go by - and then send the letter. Yes I do have that Kenmore that I can use - and I'm going online to check out getting the bobin plate so I could also use that machine. I know that you both will understand when I say that it's just easier to use the Pfaff since it feels like an extension of myself!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can't remember where I was posting about "Thousands of Bolts"........but I am more impressed than ever now!!!!!

Got my order today.........but.........I had put "no backorders or cancel order" in the order form/comments..........and they were a little short on one
    fabric and THEY CALLED ME!!! how nice is that????????? Course, I know, they wanted the order........but still thought it was really nice. I did it because a couple of the fabrics were VERY IMPORTANT to me (backings for finished quilts)............and was going to cancel the whole thing but she said they would credit me a yard............and they were only about 1/4 yard short............so I got it!

Have one more backing coming from Nancy's Notions...............IF IT EVER GETS HERE! Nancy's Notions, Keepsake Quilting, and Hancock's of Paducah take the ABSOLUTE LONGEST TIME to get your order to you!!! They are really bad!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast