How are you slowing down to live more simply?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How are you slowing down to live more simply?

I've been trying to slow down and notice all the small things around me. Such as the way my cats snore while napping. Or by watching the birds out of my window while I wash the pans in the sink.

Is anyone else doing these types of things, along with their decluttering, etc.?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been out of work since January with a broken ankle. I am on the mend now but I really do notice the little things now, and appreciate so much more than before. I am really enjoying the nicer weather and getting out in the yard a little more too. It is nice to slow down a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love the way my daughters cheeks get all rosy when she just wakes up from her nap.

The big thing here in our house is to not say "yes" to everything. In fact, we say "no" to most things. I don't like our lives so filled with "stuff" and activities that we cannot enjoy life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love watching the bunnies that live under our shed come out out every morning to eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Moving to Europe has forced me to slow down and simplify. Life here is just different. Stores close at 2 PM on Saturday and don't open again until Monday morning, they close at 5:30 PM on weekdays.

We pay more in taxes and everything is more expensive than in the US, so people acquire less. I've yet to visit a cluttered home.

I walk, I ride my bike, and have picnics in the park. Dining out is a once in a while treat for most. The grocery stores are smaller and have less choices, I go to a produce store, a bakery, an asian market and a middle eastern market instead of shopping at a supermarket. Soon, I'll plant a garden.

The emphasis here is on living well, so there's a lot of in home entertaining and casual get togethers. Living here is what I imagine the US was like in the 50's & 60's. It's heaven.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by The Muse View Post
    Moving to Europe has forced me to slow down and simplify. Life here is just different. Stores close at 2 PM on Saturday and don't open again until Monday morning, they close at 5:30 PM on weekdays.

We pay more in taxes and everything is more expensive than in the US, so people acquire less. I've yet to visit a cluttered home.

I walk, I ride my bike, and have picnics in the park. Dining out is a once in a while treat for most. The grocery stores are smaller and have less choices, I go to a produce store, a bakery, an asian market and a middle eastern market instead of shopping at a supermarket. Soon, I'll plant a garden.

The emphasis here is on living well, so there's a lot of in home entertaining and casual get togethers. Living here is what I imagine the US was like in the 50's & 60's. It's heaven.
    I think that sounds wonderful!!!