Have you done anything lately to simplify your life?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Have you done anything lately to simplify your life?

My life seems to have gotten super busy lately, what with wedding plans, gardening and such. I don't like it that busy so today I'm taking the day off and just enjoying it. I'm playing with quilts and then I plan on sitting and enjoying a good book.

Tonight were going out for supper - I don't feel like making it!!

You?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worked in our store yesterday and came home grumpy and cold. DH cooked dinner and I had a few things to do when I got home but after dinner and when I'd finished the things I had to do, I filled up our spa bath. I haven't used it for at least 6 months, opting instead for a quick (frugal) shower. This spa bath is really big and takes a lot of water to fill it. I didn't care - I filled it up, threw in some lavendar shower gel and got in. There I floated with the jets going until the bubbles started overflowing the sides. I had the lights out and the candles alight. My little rubber duckie floated along side me and while I relaxed in the warm bubbles I really felt the peace of the moment.

I had a small tinge of guilt about all that water when I got out but I felt so relaxed and warm it didn't bother me. It's now 12 hours later and I still feel relaxed from that bath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No guilt Rhonda - when it comes to simplifying and nurturing our souls we should have no guilt.

Sounds like a wonderful time. Glad you enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We ordered pizza tonight. Friday is my day off and I *should* make dinner - I just couldn't tonight.

I have started decluttering and trying to organize and donate things we really don't need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tomorrow is going to be 'my' day off. I am going to lock myself in my sewing room and have at my new machine!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday I think I really did get back to simplifying things. We had a stupid month last month and were constantly worried about money.

The start of this month we have been doing a lot of projects around the house, painting etc. So we've been cramming full our week.

Yesterday I was really tired, it was the General Election in Britain on Thursday and we stayed up all night to see the results. So yesterday I just spent time reading and listening to the radio, looking out of the window in the kitchen at all the plants that are starting to come back. I made a good old stew too, which I hadn't done for ages as we've been too busy.

I felt like my life was really "mine" again and was in a really good mood when DH came home from work, he said he was grumpy when he got home but when he saw house nice the house looked and how happy I seemed (not to mention the smell of dinner) he said he felt much happier, so my simple day had a good effect on everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ordered a pizza tonight for myself for dinner. I worked outside in the yard all day and when I came in the house for a drink I realized it was 5 pm already and I had not even eaten all day long. Lost track of time and was too focused on working.

It was nice outside and I had to cut grass, trim shrubs, rake leaves leftover from last fall and clear out a bunch of old clutter behind the shed.

I took a shower, got dressed in fresh clothes and picked up a pizza and a couple movies for tonight.

At least I used a coupon for the pizza. No way was I going to cook tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Things were NOT simple this week -- we had to register the car ($), buy second-hand winter tires ($), pay rent ($), pay the big thumpin' electricity bill ($), pay the phone bill ($) and we haven't even gotten groceries yet.

There won't be time for relaxing or simplifying today, because I have to work. But tonight, I think I might just give the bathtub a good hard scrub and hop in to soak for a while.

Bright Blessings!
    Rawiya