Simple Sunday 8/23
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Simple Sunday 8/23

Ahhh, Sunday my favorite day. Too bad I have to work. I'm so looking forward to coming home tonight, kicking off my shoes, taking my contacts out and propping my feet up on the couch to do absolutely nothing. I hope everyone has a nice easy day.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've decided to go to church today, even though choir doesn't start for another two weeks. My Mom asked me to go with her, and I'm going to bring the older two kids, because after church, she is taking them Back-to-School Shopping. They are very excited, particularly because lunch is involved.

Then, I plan on spending the rest of this rainy day doing laundry. It'll take the whole day. No doubt about that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to the grocery store, did some laundry, picked up the house, baked a cake for DS's 11th b-day, got family coming over for b-day party after church. Going to knit after everyone leaves--or maybe take a nap? I love Sundays!

Have a great day, everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much ,the girls are gone, hubby went into his dads shop, im lounging around doing nothing. What a life. I will getting a few things done today.

Registered User Ocean_Beach_Dweller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to enjoy my last day of summer break by finishing a book, because once school starts tomorrow I never have time to read for fun!
    "A bargain ain't a bargain unless it's something you need.”

“Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes.”

Emergency Fund: $10,000/$10,000 6 months, fully funded!

Car loan: $6,000/$6,000 PAID OFF!!!!
    Student loans: $16,000/$16,000 PAID OFF!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi All,
    Today I woke up motivated thanks to this forum, ready to change the way I have allowed money to slip right through my fingers like water. I have experienced both ways of life, Frugal first, then as income increased so did my expenses and bad habbits!!! I miss being frugal and am happy today to choose the be frugal!!!!!
    Today:
    1)I picked the garden tomatoes, green peppers and onions, blanched and chopped and froze in my ice cube trays for winter, until today, many had just sat in the fridge and found the trash bin eventually---blush----
    2) Rather than grabbing lunch out, I ventured to make homeade corndogs for the kids for lunch, turned out pretty good, the kiddos gobbled them right up!!
    3) made popsicle molds by digging through my trash for the 8 or so milk/juice boxes my kids have gone through since yesterday..washed them up for later use and have made a committment to myself never to ever buy those things again....the kids just grab em drink half and ditch it in the trash---not happening anymore in my house!! lol
    4) Am soo excited to try a homeade yogurt recipe I saw on here last night along with a homeade granola!!! I have a few missing ingredients, so I am debating whether to use some of my grocery money buffer for the week (20.00) to get what I need to make it....its a hard one, spent no money yesterday, and wanted to do the same today....what to do what to do...lol

anyways nice to meet you all!!