Frugal Village Forums banner

Simple Sunday, 4/10/11

Tags
simple sunday
1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Sophiasmama 
#1 ·
Good grief, I can't believe we're almost halfway thru April already! Time flies! I have been MIA for the past week fretting over all sorts of things, such as the government shutting down and other things I have no control over! :) I think I've been listening to too much Alex Jones and the doom and gloom.

Today is another glorious day at home!! I am planning on going down in the basement and stacking items into areas to make it look more presentable in case my husband gets another wild hair to drag random men into the basement to show them his progress (or lack thereof) on completing it. Grr, don't get me started on the horror of THAT last week.

I need to print out my state tax return and have it ready to mail for the upcoming deadline. We owe $2808, so I'm in no hurry to mail that one! I also need to finish ordering and shopping for goodies for the kids' Easter baskets. Nothing huge, just little things that I know they'll enjoy.

We got over 26 inches of snow on Friday, it was absolutely crazy and unexpected. Then it was 52 degrees yesterday, and is supposed to be mid-fifties today as well. Can you say sloppy mess? I guess I won't be trudging out to my garden area today!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

See less See more
#2 ·
Well on it's way to "hot as h*ll here today"...

Gonna keep working on the baby's room. Working on laundry. Maybe go to a few open houses this afternoon. One DH has his eye on is open today and we are mulling the whole "should be stay and remodel" or "move to the bigger house" thing.

#4 ·
It is hot here today suppose get storms tonight,i went to church came home ate sandwich went out to get the paper and went to wal mart it was even hot in the store so got few things headed home to turn up air.

#6 ·
It's "only" 69° today, compared to 90° yesterday, but still feels much hotter than that. I really need to do a lot of work still today, and it's already 4pm. :shame: But for now, planning the dinner menu for the week, printing coupons, and I even made some money today! I sold off my P90X kit for $79.99 on Amazon!

#7 ·
Quiet Sunday for us too...I did make cinnamon buns for the first time ever...even added pecans as we had some in the freezer lol...they turned out great...did cheat by using an easy bread dough recipe...but all the added brown sugar,butter,cinnamon and pecans made up for it. Tonight we are going to BBQ and Kevin leaves for work again tomorrow...his days off always fly by. have a wonderful evening! Janine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.