Frugal Village Forums banner

Special Dads Sunday

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  captclearance 
#1 ·
Hope all those Dads out there are having a great day!

Got home this morning after spending the day and night at my sisters where there was a surprise birthday party. We had a great time and really surprised the birthday girl when Elvis came and put on a concert for her. The Elvis impersonator was great, he sang the songs himself & had an awesome voice. Maintinance worker by day and Elvis in his off time. Too cool!

Today I'm going to hang out with the family and for fathers day I am going to attempt to use the gas grill. :toothy: I've never done it before. I cook indoors,lol. As long as I don't blow the place up or burn down the house everything will be fine.
As per request dinner will be Bratwurt, potato salad and homemade baked beans. All bought on sale and the salad & baked beans are made with love and thats money in the bank.

Have a great day everyone!:)

#3 ·
Hi and Happy Father's Day everyone!
We are going out riding the ATVs this afternoon... that's Dave's Fathers Day. lol

I ran the vacuum this morning and washed up the dishes... did a couple loads of laundry. Tyler played outside for a little while. We buzzed around the close by trails on the ATVs for a little bit to cool off this morning.

I've been watching all of the butterflies out my dining room window... they seem to have magically appeared, I've never seen so many. :)

#4 ·
Did my typical housework. I sowed more seeds. :toothy: Pushed the kids on swings in the backyard. Then we went back to the bike trail for a bit and then to the playground. Zachary had so much fun. Just a great day together. This weekend's weather was just perfect.

Now I am making cupcakes. :toothy:

#5 ·
Not much for fathers day here, carl isn't much for celebrating, but I did wish him happy fathers day as soon as I woke up :D I plan on making him his favorite french toast tonight if he still wants it.

Actually we had our fathers day thing lastnight, we had a steak dinner at my inlaws, and gave his dad some stuff.

I did the whole coupon thing this morning, did my shopping at three stores (all really close to each other).

Then right away, after I put away groceries, it was housecleaning time. Had to have it clean since myy sister-her boyfriend, and his mom were coming over later.

So my sister and her guests just left, right now dh and I plan on going to OSH to get parts to fix our leaky bathtub. I might get some flowers to spruce up the front. I just hope it'll be open once we get there!

I still need to get my workout in. Cardio and weights today.
I wanna cuddle up on the couch after that and put away my coupons. Maybe even take a dip in the pool!

#6 ·
I worked all day, we took dh out to dinner on friday.....
Quiet here now and going to bed soon....
Happy Father's Day All !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.