Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Cream of broccoli soup
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- London UK
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Cream of broccoli soupCream of broccoli soup
Recipe DescriptionPreparation Steps:If using fresh broccoli, chop into small florets and pieces.Level of Difficulty:Very easyTime Needed:10-15minsIngredients:~950g bag of frozen broccoli OR large bundle of fresh broccoliServes:
~1 cup cream
~1 cup milk
~1 cup water
~1-2 tablespoons of plain white flour to thicken
~Watercress to garnish (optional, I prefer without)3-4 adult portionsDirections:Pour all liquid ingredients together in the largest pan you have, and whisk in the flour to make a milk-consistency sauce.
Turn on the heat, and start to gently heat the mixture, stirring all the time. Add all the broccoli after a couple of minutes, turn up the heat until it reaches boiling point and starts to thicken. Turn down to simmer until the broccoli is tender, and soft enough to mash. Break up and mash the broccoli as much as possible with a fork.
Leave until just cool, pour into a blender, and blend on slow for a couple of minutes or until you get a semi-smooth paste.
Serve with buttered crusty rolls, hot from the oven.
Delicious, simple, cheap AND full of folic acid so great for mothers-to-be/TTC.
- 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM #2
Sounds good!Slow progress is better than no progress!
20 Wishes challenge: 1/20
1. Exercise 10000 minutes: 3288/10000
2. Do strength workouts twice a week: 14/104
3. Lose 15 pounds: 5/15
4. De-clutter 2013 items: 690/2013
5. Sell 150 items: 73/150
6. Read 12 books: 10/12
Make 12 new recipes: 20/12
8. Develop once-a-month cooking plan: working on it
9. Complete 24 small projects in house: 7/24
10. Paint & new floor in back entry; paint hall and stairway ~ in progress
11. Redo upstairs bathroom
12. Replace kitchen floor and repaint cabinets
13. Paint 2 sides of house
14. Refinish 2 pieces of furniture: 0/2
15. Get caught up on mending: 4 / ?
16. Complete 4 unfinished craft or sewing projects: 0/4
17. Learn to use new camera
18. Save for new laptop $85/$500
19. Go on one trip
20. Do something special with each grandchild on his/her birthday: 2/5
2013 Pantry and Freezer Challenge
2013 Lose a Pound A Week Challenge: 5/15 pounds
2013 Sell Stuff Challenge: $392/$1500
2013 Homemade Christmas Challenge: 0/2
By Libby in forum Soups and StewsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
By NikoSan999 in forum Kitchen ClonesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
By Mrs. Piggy Bank in forum Soups and stews RecipesReplies: 6Last Post: 11-24-2009, 09:13 AM
By vigilant20 in forum Dehydrator recipesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2009, 03:12 PM
By Sinclairwife in forum Soups and StewsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Tags for this Thread