Frugal Village Forums banner

Hello from Virginia

Tags
virginia
2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  MarshHen 
#1 ·
Just found this particular item in the forums and thought I would drop in and say hey. I've lived in Williamsburg, VA all my life except for a few years in Pittsburgh when I was in my 40s.

Any other Virginians out there? I know right now we're all going through a tough time with the tragedy at Virginia Tech, so it's a good time to send out some love to those folks, even if you're not from here.

#3 ·
Hi Donna and :welcome: to FrugalVillage!

#8 ·
Welcome Donna! DH is from Grundy. We love to visit the pottery and several wineries in your area when we come to visit family friends.

Hope you find the village as intresting and informative as I have.

Laurie in Bradenton

#9 ·
Better visit the Pottery soon. They're taking it down and putting up high end shops there. Yep, after all these decades, it's going away. I'm not sure when it's going to happen, but I know it's been approved by this board and that board. Sad when you think about it, but it was bound to happen. Unfortunately, all the outlet stores that built here took business from the Pottery. (If you don't know, the Pottery really was/is a great place to get a true bargain.)

#11 ·
:welcome2: Welcome to Frugal Village

#14 ·
This week will be worse, unfortunately, traffic wise. This is the beginning of the week-long Jamestown 400th celebration and next weekend is going to be the biggie with all the events happening. They're expecting 30 to 90,000 people. At least 30,000. All sorts of dignitaries are coming into town and the Queen was here when the VP was. I, myself, will avoid town this week, though am helping costume a show for next Sunday (5/13), and will have to be at that.

My husband works in Newport News, near CNU :)

#15 ·
i am staying home as much as possible just to avoid traffic. i swear it's worse than christmas time. i have to go aout wed morning and then friday night. i'm hoping that will be it other than to pick up the van from the shop. i wanted to take the kids to jamestown before all teh hoopla started, but we didn't make it. guess we'll wait till after summer. dh hasn't been to jamestown before. he grew up in maine so he missed out on teh elementary school fieldtrip there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.