ACK! So bored!

Thread: ACK! So bored!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default ACK! So bored!

Okay, I'm not totally bored. My little one is about 9 months old now and I LOVE being with her and watching all her milestones.

Part of my problem is that I am somewhat isolated out here, where none of our family live (we moved here to be closer to DH's kids from his 1st marriage). Our friends are all as busy as we are with work/family/school.

Part 2 is I have Adult ADD (would have been nice to know this FOREVER AGO, but I digress) and I guess staying at home all day long is not stimulating enough for me. Then again, if I worked away from home and my Little One, I know I would go batty.

Part 3 is I think all the time about how great it would be if I made some money and could tackle my student loan debt.

I have thought about starting school again, with some online general courses from home. Won't get me out of the house, but I can't be away from her, anyway! Also, the more I'm out of the house, the more I am tempted to buy fast food, drive around and waste gas, etc.

What do you all do to defeat this feeling? I feel like I'm in limbo, and like I'm never satisfied.

In my dreams, I'd be the next Ree Drummond. Maybe I should be working on that, instead. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went though that when my DD was little, probably around that same age. I just had to mix up our routine a little bit. I found myself sitting around much more than I needed. I would use her as an excuse for me not doing stuff...I'm *not* saying that's what you are doing, just what I did.

I started reading again which was so essential. We didn't have money for us to travel and the books made me feel like I was "getting out". Another thing was really embracing the stay at home aspect, researching meals and trying to be as organized as possible.

Hope things start going well for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think this is normal u are bored and maybe lonely. TRY FINDING a baby and me class for the 2 of you. The baby will get to play and u can make friends. A couple of on line classes may stimulate late but u have to be very self motivated to do the work. If u are missing people it won't help u . a church group might give u the socialization u want . maybe a part time job to help with debt these are just suggestions. Maybe even call a bff or mom everyday I have unlimited long distance for Grandma it helps her loneliness .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for the replies. I've ordered a book so I can take the exam to get my massage license here. It would be a good part-time job for nights and weekends and Little One will be old enough to stay home with Daddy for a couple of hours here and there by the time I finish studying and get licensed. Right now it's kind of difficult to leave her for more than an hour because she's still nursing - and I REALLY tried in the beginning but I am just not good at pumping.

I know this is normal, it's just so tedious sometimes. It's so great to be home with her. Maybe I should get back into Jazzercise. I really loved it and it was working for me. They have childcare now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had the same issue. I was pumping all the breastmilk for my twins- every 2 hours so it was hard to get them, me and the breastpump around.

I started having playgroups in my house once a week. It gave me some adult stimulation, gave the boys a chance to interact with other kids and it forced me to keep a clean house.

Exercise classes would be awesome. I noticed some ads for stroller-cize...where the incorporate the stroller in the class
    Wife to Air Force DH for 7 years.
    SAHM to twin boys, Samuel and David!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

or maybe you 2 could take nature walks around the neighborhood/street etc. would it be possible that you go walking outside & meet some of your neighbors?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What is this "bored" you speak of?

With all the things there are to do and learn and try, there aren't enough hours in the day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh debtninjette your post made me smile. My dd has ADD and it sounded like her.
    First,it's normal. I used to longingly dream of things like a coke from 7-11 or going out alone. They get bigger I swear.
    Would joining online mommy groups help a little?
    I also think the massage thing sounds good as you could set your own times.
    Also you need to use nap times not only for housework catch up but 1 special thing for you-me time ya know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    What is this "bored" you speak of?

With all the things there are to do and learn and try, there aren't enough hours in the day!
    LOL! This is how I've always felt

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You won't be bored for long...I think most SAHM's feel like that at some point when their children are very young. My oldest is now 16 and I am SOOOOO glad I was able to be home with my kids (I'm still home when they are for the most part). I joined the YMCA- it was a cheap and healthy way for me to get out. I would drop off baby for an hour a day and workout- he got playtime and I got me time. We joined swim lessons and a few other free things at the Y as well that got us out and around other people. Joined a church and went to library play groups. My husband was in graduate school at the time so we didn't have a ton of money to spare. Once in a while I'd go walk the mall and window shop. We didn't know a ton of people as we were transplanted for school, but we'd get together with other students like once a month for dinner at someone's house. I must say that I MISS those days now. They were so much simpler. With teens we are busy beyond belief and I long for the more boring days!!! I also agree with really embracing the "housewife" role to some extent. Take on couponing, experiment with cooking, get organized, paint a room, etc. I also figured out ways to make money from home and that kept me busy- I sold things on Ebay for many years (although that peaked already and there isn't as much money to be made there) and that gave me enough money that I didn't feel guilty about being home. Good luck- count your blessings!!