Seriously Considering A J.O.B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Seriously Considering A J.O.B

What is wrong with me?? Just doing the math around DH's schedule, parents... so not going to put my son in daycare!...brainstorming..Just to help pay off debt!

Yeah, I'm there..heh..thanks to DR, but also because I'm bored and itching for something..not sure what that is yet. I have my mental health back. You can choose to believe that or not.

The problem is... I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up??

I'm so past the hair salon days.

Sounds silly but, I wouldn't mind getting paid minimum wage working in a thrift store. ( I worked for Saver's a short time and enjoyed it. They offered me a manager's job on the first week!)It's better than O bucks not earned!
    I read The Two-income Trap today. Me working part time could help us!

But, I don't have to do this, just rambling.

Thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Actually so am I. LOL In fact, I have a second interview on Tuesday.

I don't want to say anything else for fear I'll jinx it.

I think a job at a thrift store would be awesome. I've often thought I'd enjoy that, too.

Much like you, I sit here thinking I must be crazy with all that I've got going on. But I'd really love this job, so if offered the job, we'll make it work.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    What is wrong with me?? Just doing the math around DH's schedule, parents... so not going to put my son in daycare!...brainstorming..Just to help pay off debt!

Yeah, I'm there..heh..thanks to DR, but also because I'm bored and itching for something..not sure what that is yet. I have my mental health back. You can choose to believe that or not.

The problem is... I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up??

I'm so past the hair salon days.

Sounds silly but, I wouldn't mind getting paid minimum wage working in a thrift store. ( I worked for Saver's a short time and enjoyed it. They offered me a manager's job on the first week!)It's better than O bucks not earned!
    I read The Two-income Trap today. Me working part time could help us!

But, I don't have to do this, just rambling.

Thanks for listening.
    Oops. I forgot to mention, have you considered a salon in your home? Something you have more control over?
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Noel View Post
    Oops. I forgot to mention, have you considered a salon in your home? Something you have more control over?
    The laws are strict in MO. You have to have a separate bathroom and a separate entrance to your house. (the last I checked, they can take your license from you if you don't follow rules)

If you don't have that, it's illegal to charge/quote a price for service in your home. So I say the word 'donate' and it works for a little legal extra. heh

But not enough for a business.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

[quote-Sara]Actually so am I. LOL In fact, I have a second interview on Tuesday. [/quote]

I don't want to say anything else for fear I'll jinx it.

Good luck! Hope it all works out for you and your family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Palooka, Many years ago when jobs were plentiful, I was offered a job as a manager at Salvation Army. I did not take the job though because it was a rather long commute and I was told that the small amount that they paid would likely not be increased because they were a non profit charity organization. The store has since went out of business. Best wishes on getting a job that you enjoy.

Thinking of you Sara and hoping that you get this dream job.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been going through the whole 'bored and wanting something else but I don't know what' thing too. Nothing to do with money, just need more. I managed to get a casual job, but I don't know if I'm going to get enough work to cover expenses, so I'm actively looking for something.

I put the kids in daycare, something else I said I was never going to do. It's an afterschool program at the school and they absolutely love it. They get to do crafts and sports and play with their friends. I need a better job now to pay for it LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go through this sometimes....where I want a job, but I don't want a job....but.....
    I don't *need* a job. We have no debt but mortgage and I pay a LOT extra every month towards priciple. The real reason I have't persued it is because I have minimum skills and I really don't want to take a job from someone who NEEDS a job.
    I think volunteering is a better option.....
    Stinkbug

More wagging - Less barking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel the same way Palooka. I don't have to work but would prefer to be bringing in some sort of income with my time. Extra income is always welcomed here. My only downfall is that we need someone to be at home 'just in case' for dad.

Palooka - have you thought of becoming a mobile hairstylist/hair dresser? This way you control your travel boundaries and hours and earn extra income. What about offering your skills/services for an afternoon at a seniors/retirement home? I'm sure they have a room where you can set up? The only start up costs are materials & supplies. Not sure about the licensing aspect though.

Sara - I hope things work out for you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    The laws are strict in MO. You have to have a separate bathroom and a separate entrance to your house. (the last I checked, they can take your license from you if you don't follow rules)

If you don't have that, it's illegal to charge/quote a price for service in your home. So I say the word 'donate' and it works for a little legal extra. heh

But not enough for a business.
    Yes, they are strict in Missouri. My stepdaughter is moving into a house that had a small catering business attached to it and she's thinking about starting her own little business in there. She said the room has to have it's own exit door, ventilation, plumbing and I don't know what else. It's a PITA.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck Sara.....I hope your second interview goes well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck Sara!

Palooka - if you can swing it, I say go for it! I always thought it would be fun to work at a thrift store.....but then my whole check would probably be spent there!
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Libby, no, that wouldn't work here with the laws. And I have no desire to do hair anymore, although I could make some decent money part time. Just the thought gives me anxiety and I'm trying to avoid that.

I'm just going to keep 'searching' around and see if anything gets my attention. Who knows.

DC, I know what you mean! But one thrift store here doesn't allow employees to shop in their store. Say what?? LOL But that would be a good thing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to be a dog groomer (I think) but have no clue how to start. I think at Pets Smart you can be like an assistant and get some training, but really that is so much like the hair business because you have to build a clientelle to make money and I'm not sure I have the energy for that at my old age. heh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm starting to feel the same way. My guys are only 18 months, but I wanna get out of the house! DH's military so he works weird shifts and goes TDY a bit and daycare overseas is soooo expensive and the wait list is months long.

I think when we return to the states, I'll just get a fast food job so I can pick my schedule (lunch rush) and have the flexibility to take days off. I don't mind fast food jobs- I actually prefer them to my corporate American jobs I had before
    Wife to Air Force DH for 7 years.
    SAHM to twin boys, Samuel and David!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast