What one thing do you wish you had never stocked
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What one thing do you wish you had never stocked

Just curious....what one thing have you stockpiled that you wish you hadn't? That you found that didn't taste good, didn't keep well or got bored with...or for whatever reason.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge/October
    $103.86

October/ Grocery
    /Goal $200.00 Total $63.25

Eat Out No More Oct
    Goal 20
    Accomp/25

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/14

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Enron

Oh wait... you meant food-wise.

Shortning. I didn't use as much as I thought I would, and when I went to open one container, it was rancid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Soy Joy bars. I found a really good sale and bought way too many. We got sick of them before they ran out. Now I have to get rid of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

25lb bag of bread flour from Sams. It taste nothing like Southern Biscuit.

Tea that was on sale, just isn't as good as what I normally get.

Both taught me a lesson. No matter how good the perceived deal is, its only good if I like or need whats on sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Green tea bags - I can still drink black tea, but green sometimes bothers my stomach. (This is a new thing, it used to be ok). Giving it all away.

Herbal teas, though I never had much. They always sound like a good idea, and I always pass them over. When I want tea, I want real tea.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

Several cans of chick peas I got on sale.
    I love chick peas that I cook from scratch; I eat them like peanuts.
    But when I opened up a can of chick peas, I found them very salty and they had a poor flavour. I think I can salvage them by draining and soaking them in fresh water, then disguising the flavour with other things.

'Toxic' toothpastes are another thing I'm sorry I stockpiled on. I was really looking forward to trying them, but all of them are the new formula toothpastes (with their toxic chemicals, some are used in pesticides, chemicals for teeth-whitening and whatever), and they all make my mouth numb and the rest of me nauseous.
    What is the matter these days, if people can't even buy safe toothpaste to use? The toothpaste I used before was just fine, and now all I can find in the stores is the new toxic stuff, and it makes me sick when I use it. It's loaded with chemicals that I'm allergic to. I WANT MY OLD TOOTHPASTE BACK, ALL OF YOU TOOTHPASTE COMPANIES!!! NOW!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Josephhgoins View Post
    25lb bag of bread flour from Sams. It taste nothing like Southern Biscuit.

Tea that was on sale, just isn't as good as what I normally get.

Both taught me a lesson. No matter how good the perceived deal is, its only good if I like or need whats on sale.
    I do know that stores will take products back if its not what you thought it was. Now if you've waited some substantial time and they no longer carry it, you may have a problem. I've returned plenty of food items back to Sam's when we had them here and just told them the truth. I didn't go out of my way to return it though, just did it on my next visit. Doesn't hurt to ask right?

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    'Toxic' toothpastes are another thing I'm sorry I stockpiled on. I was really looking forward to trying them, but all of them are the new formula toothpastes (with their toxic chemicals, some are used in pesticides, chemicals for teeth-whitening and whatever), and they all make my mouth numb and the rest of me nauseous.
    What is the matter these days, if people can't even buy safe toothpaste to use? The toothpaste I used before was just fine, and now all I can find in the stores is the new toxic stuff, and it makes me sick when I use it. It's loaded with chemicals that I'm allergic to. I WANT MY OLD TOOTHPASTE BACK, ALL OF YOU TOOTHPASTE COMPANIES!!! NOW!!!
    This is the reason why I've gone back to the basic and now called 'classic' toothpaste which is always on sale. Not into the fancy new and improved when there's nothing wrong with the old tried and true. My dentist confirmed the original still works best and is most cost effective. (I don't really have anything special about my teeth/gums so this doesn't apply to the specialty toothpastes)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Canned plums,canned potato salad,canned chick peas,wolf gang puck soup,cinnamon toothpaste.
    we try stuff form Big Lot all the time and have gotten some clunkers. We just donate to food banks. Yuck to one is yum to another.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you all remember when CVS had that killer sale on SoyJoy Bars...we all bought them for the free extra bucks? Well I have over 100 of them! I can't get rid of them and they taste TERRIBLE. YUCCCKKKKK!!!!!

P.S. Send those canned chick peas over to me. I am obsessed with them!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Knorr side dishes, Hamburger Helper & Betty Crocker Potatoes. Loaded with chemicals! I'll sneak one in every week or so just to use it up. I won't stockpile those again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ashley, do you just eat them or make Hummus??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hhmmm. I guess I am overly cautious about buying large quantities of stuff I don't know if I will like. Now my family believes we could last the year on beans and rice if we were in a bind. They are probably right.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I once bought a strange kind of spaghetti sauce on sale. It tasted awful, took forever to get rid of.

Mayonaise, takes us a year to go through a jar, even with buying just one extra it's expired before we get to it.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

South Beach Diet frozen meals. I got a few for DH to take when there are no leftovers. He said they were ok and he would eat them if I bought them on occasion. I got a bunch of them on sale really cheap, and then DH says he doesn't like them any more. I've still got several taking up space in my freezer that I will probably end up tossing out.
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I certainly agree about the Hamburger Helper; bought some because I could get $3.50 free beef. Have learned to tolerate HH, if it is well-disguised in ordinary macaroni or spaghetti. Never again.
    Also applies when I got $3.50 free beef, wub3 Old El Paso: I bought black beans, and some packages of spices that are just FIERY, will take me years to use them.

I think I could just soak those cans of chick peas I don't like, drain and mash them well, then stir into a chili recipe; that should disguise them.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast