Frugal Village Forums banner

Thrive Foods Cost Comparison?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bridge 
#1 ·
I bought some Pantry cans of a few items at a food show today. Has anyone ever tried these and how do they compare, tastewise/costwise, to Honeyville and other companies? I tasted the instant milk and it really tasted good. There was also a taco soup for tasting that was made out of freeze dried corn, freeze dried ground beef, freeze dried instant pinto beans & such and it was really good. She had made up this recipe and was showing how she had put together the mix in a wide mouth mason jar that she had sealed with a food save vacuum attachment. The lady & her husband own a large pawn shop here & carry these products in the store so shipping would not be involved in the products bought directly from them. Any input welcome.

#2 ·
I use and love dehydrated foods when the cost is comparable to other options. I done a price "check" in the spring of the year and IMO Survival Acres has the best prices and I have been very happy with the products and service.

This is a cost comparison on the Survival Acres page comparing them to thrive

The Thrive labels are so pretty they make me dream of a beautiful pantry. However price always wins me.

Canned dry foods are wonderful to have on hand. They help me stretch my food dollars and also work well since I live in a household of 2. I can use just what we need at a time. Also no energy needed to keep them frozen.
My favorites are, milk, mushrooms, peas, red & gr peppers, tvp (especially the sausage and taco), tomato pwdr, hashbrowns, corn. That is all I can think of at the moment from memory without going to the kitchen. You can make all kinds of soups and make your own mixes using the dry foods. Google is your friend, search on dehydrated foods make your own mixes for ideas. I usually don't make up the mixes but do use some of them as recipes or recipe bases.

Reactions: dolphin
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.