Do you feel the need to stockpile (prepping)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Do you feel the need to stockpile (prepping)

I've posted a number of websites for prepping on another thread and no matter where I go to read, people are talking about the need to stockpile. For several months now, I too have felt an urgency to get stocked up. For me, its for many reasons, the main being winter coming on (I don't like driving in winter) and electrical outages (last night again for well over 1 hr.). So I'm on a quest to have 6 months of food stockpiled.

Are any of you feeling the need to stockpile and if so why? Are you doing anything about it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I, too, always tend to stockpile with winter coming on. My dh used to work construction, and he was laid off in the winter, thus, we always made sure to have a stockpile for those leaner paychecks of unemploymet. Last year he was hired for a year-round job, but I still feel the need to stockpile. I think sometimes it is something that you just feel a need to do. I always wish to be prepared in case of a winter storm, or a sudden lay off, etc. I like the security of knowing that we can make it through if some unexpected may happen.

yolo

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's so funny. I was just in the basement looking at my lean stockpile and thought-I need to stock up for winter! LOL
    Danielle

Mom to 3 girls

Ashlee 23
    Raechel 20
    Courtney 10

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always stock up for winter too. One year we were snowed in for 3 days before they could plow the road out and I was grateful for our stockpile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i feel the need too!

I've been stocking up on things I can get that we eat/drink, when it's on sale and i have coupons..lately i've gotten lots of provolone for dh's pizza's..pudding..soda's (for guests) smoothies(for breakfasts when I'm really rushed) this week i'm stocking up on snapple, sliced cheese, coke's, and chicken..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're facing a layoff in a month, as well as a tight couple of years coming up while DH finishes college. And for some reason, this year I've been feeling a "hurry up, gather, store, and prepare for the worst" impulse. I always do a certain amount of prepping, simply because we've been snowed, iced, flooded and mudded in for as long as a week before. Something is in the air, though, that's different than last year or the years before. I don't know what it is, or why, but am preparing to the best of my ability. I've got the basics for the winter, but am still needing some things to add variety and to prepare for emergencies. I'm hoping we'll use it without there being any emergencies, but am not secure in that hope.