Frugal Village Forums banner

Need To Have A Pity Party

Tags
party pity
1K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  FrugalMomof3 
#1 ·
I'm feeling blue today and I can't say any of this in real life so I'm gonna vent.
This month I need to pay for dd's appendectomy, property taxes, orthodontia, life insurance, the x-box broke and the tv is on it's last legs. None of that is life threatening but it seems like I try so hard and have savings and plan and then poof! It's gone. We had planned for taxes and insurance but the other expenses were unexpected. The tv and x-box aren't essential, but I hate that we live in a world where you can't even get things fixed (or if you can it costs as much as new). Maybe I'm just hormonal but it' really got me down today. I have a list a mile long of things I'd like to do but no $$ to fix them. Ok, end of pity party. Time to bring the diapers in from the line.

#5 ·
Sweetie let yourself have a good cry ( or scream whatever u like) just let it out then pick yourself up and you'll get it all taken care of.... Sometimes you gotta release the pressure valve

#6 ·
Those are very valid things to be frustrated by - glad you posted them!! Take care and know we are definitely with you!!

#8 ·
Hugs to you. Hope you feel better. There is nothing wrong with feeling blue every now and then.

#10 · (Edited)
I understand completely. Mostly it's - KIDS. We love em but they wear us out and there expensive. If it makes you feel any better.
dental surgery dd-$260.
dental surgery DS-$290.
Diff not paid by ins.-$260.
eye surg room-$920.
eye surg dr.- $330.
Dental clean(4)-$80.
Ins. Diff. for new/used car-$188.
Fleas-$165.
Sick cat-$104.
DS wacked in the head w/ a golf ball-catscan (don't wanna know-$1200.)
College tuition-$901.
College Books-$600.
College unif.-$100.
Knife set coll-$259.
School supplies-$200.
2 car repairs-$1000.

None of this was expected except college. And it all happened in the last 2 months. My backyard is full of YELLOW JACKETS and the new car is squeaking out of the back wheel and making a BRRRR. noise every once in awhile. I forgot the picnic table rotted thru and DD ex BF broke the screenhouse and lounge chair.
You buy the ice cream and I'll bake the cake.LOL. WE'LL PITY ALL NIGHT LONG.!!

#11 ·
I'm right there with you! I got up this morning and started making breakfast. Put biscuits on the oven and tried to start the timer on the microwave only to discover that the breaker was thrown. Ummmmm yeah the same breaker that goes to my fridge. The temp in the fridge was 50, the ice in the ice maker of the freezer was thawed, a roll of sausage in the freezer door was totally thawed and 4 pounds of bacon was thawed. Oh yeah and that 5 qt bucket of ice cream I just bought.........MUSH! So it was off to the grocery store again to replace the eggs, milk, butter, cheese, lunch meat, etc.

Add that to the 800.00 water leak we had to fix in Jan., the washing machine breaking to the tune of 500.00 for a new one, the hot water heater going out and another 300.00 for a new one and then the fridge going out and my spending 225.00 for another one and yep, I'm there!!!

Oh and dd has to have a root canal this week. And I have done no school shopping yet.

Cry, yell, throw something! Vent away to us, we understand! HUGS!

#12 ·
ughh I tell yah I am right there with yah ... in two weeks we have an ER bill from when hubby collapsed at the court house.. we are still trying to get him back to himself.. well more than that .. we want him happy and healthy. So many many medical bills to deal with there ... and then still the zoning guy on our arse about my husband's trucks on our own farm .. on yeah.. only been fighting him since 2000 and its 09 now! And we won in court 4 years ago thought we was done .. they think the stress from them coming after us again and the letter arriving on the day his grandfather died is what drove him to have this episode.. didn't help that the guy was treating mike like a two year old .. and mike just went to walk out of the door (ooops this is another vent i should do myself lol).. well that and my knee surgery.. and getting school supplies.. paying bills with no income for a week.. me worrying about me being off work and not getting the health insurance paid out of my pay sigh .. and kids being poops... geeeezzzz.. i am right there .... had a lady yesterday come in with a tshirt that said its been fun but i must scream now.. omg i soooo want that shirt!!!!!!!

#13 ·
hugggss dear i know youll get through this.

#14 ·
A very appropriate way to have a good scream is open your pocketbook and put your head in there and let er rip! Then close it up.

For a good cry - take a shower.

And don't forget.....you are not alone. In fact why don't we all open our purse now and scream?

love and hugs of understanding and prayers for God's promised provision

#16 ·
I'm there with youu too! Last night I did the screaming and the crying. I came home at lunch and dh had just agreed to buy a security system. WTH!!!!! After getting mad at him I jumped in the shower and had a good cry. Then when I got out I went over the paperwork and found the cancellation policy and got him to go fax that in today. With all the other stress lately I really didn't need anything else. Some days I wonder how we are getting by.

#18 ·
Thank you one and all. I took a breath, yelled a little and am feeling better. Sometimes you just need to vent, KWIM? I realized that "If money can fix a problem, it's not a problem." Thank you grandma. I'll just keep plugging away. For all the rest of you struggling too, I'll say a prayer for you or send positive vibes or whatever you prefer. Thanks again. I love FV.

Reactions: frugalwarrior
#19 ·
I'm glad your feeling better.

So true, Letting stream off (vent) sometimes if all it takes to keep from boiling over.

#20 ·
I completely understand, we're going through that right now and well have been for a while now, just stay strong and remember you CAN and WILL get through this. :hugz:

Remember, God doesn't give us anything we can't handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.