Frugal Village Forums banner

update on DH and I

Tags
update
2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  ttistin 
#1 ·
yes more things came out. Not the worst possible things but bad things. We sent the kids to my parents house last night.

What we know now is that
A. Dh needs help. He needs to see a counselor to help him deal with his feelings about his family. People have no idea how they can screw up their kids.
B. We need to move. Our family is more important then our credit score. Our family is more important then the embarrassment of foreclosure.

My family is unique. Our priorities in life are not possessions but people. We are travelers. We are about to undertake some changes that will take us from unique to phenomenal. If we can just get through the muck.
My husband and I have amazing connections but we forgot to keep them in practice. I forgot to share my dreams with him in ways that he could participate.

I told him I Fantasized about selling all of our possessions and joining the peace core. I had never once told him this. I had never once mentioned the peace core in my life to anyone. When I said that, he cried and said HE WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT WITH OUR FAMILY. He said that he could teach the kids math and science and I could teach them all the important things.

He wrote me a letter of apology in which he told me things he admired about me that I never even thought he noticed. He told that when it's just us, that's when he is the happiest.

And so I ask you. NO matter what he did. How would it not be foolish of me to not give him a chance?

When I picked my kids up from my parents today my daughter was upset and said it was hard to say goodbye because she never gets to see nana and papa enough. She is completely unaware of anything going on. She said she wishes we could live next door to nana and papa.
I told her that it would hard to move because she would have to say goodbye to her friends. She would have to go to a new school and get a new bedroom. She said " That's okay, I would be willing to do that because it's worth it".
How can an 8 yr old child be so smart?

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you've done a lot of good things right and are getting in touch with yourself as well as others - keep us posted - as you said - you are in for some phenomenal events in your life!!

#3 ·
Your marriage sounds like it is worth saving. This is a bump in the road, but not the end of the road by any means. So glad to hear that you both are connecting with each other again.

My nephew finished tour with the peace corp and loved it.

#4 ·
When I picked my kids up from my parents today my daughter was upset and said it was hard to say goodbye because she never gets to see nana and papa enough. She is completely unaware of anything going on. She said she wishes we could live next door to nana and papa.

I told her that it would hard to move because she would have to say goodbye to her friends. She would have to go to a new school and get a new bedroom. She said " That's okay, I would be willing to do that because it's worth it".

How can an 8 yr old child be so smart?
You both did a great job of raising your daughter - thats why she's so smart. :)

#6 ·
I'm very happy for you and your family..I wish you the very best! I shouldn't be so quick to judge your relationship as it sound's like a very good one no matter what the circumstances might be..You are right..FAMILY is all that matter's..Your little girl is very smart..she's obviously has learned from her parent's..HUGS..Brenda

#7 ·
I'll be hurt for a long time, I won't trust him for a long time.
But I have made up my mind that I want to trust him again and so I shall do what ever we have to do. If that means that I have tocompletely change our lives then that's what it means.
If my 8 yr old is willing to face her fear and give up everything she knows in order to have whats better then so can I.

#10 ·
Ann,
I am in awe of the way you have handled yourself through this trying time. You are amazing. I am so glad that you listened to your husband and made a point to see things from his point of view. A lot of times we just get lost and we kind of shut down to the people we love the most. I am glad that your marriage means so much to the both of you.
I think the new adventure sounds wonderful. I do feel that there is nothing more important than family. Possessions and material are worthless to me. Not many people are like us though.
Good luck to you and your family. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and my prayers. Big hugs to you!!

Reactions: Booklover
#14 ·
All I can say is Follow your heart.

#15 ·
Thank you for the update. I too say follow your heart. Good luck to you and your family. I have been thinking of you and will continue to do so!

#16 ·
I'm so glad you and your DH are communicating and getting things done. That's so great! I'm going through the same thing as far as a counselor is concerned. I think that'll really help him to figure his self out and make your family healthy again. :)

#19 ·
This is such great news!! It is nice to hear that not everyone is going to jump on the divorce wagon just because there is a bump in the road.

Your right, some family's do do things that can do damage years down the road. Glad your dh realized what needs to happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.