Frugal Village Forums banner

I have changed my mind a little....

Tags
changed mind
1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mommy4ever 
#1 ·
UPdate... I have changed this challenge somewhat.

I am feeling better, more energy, likely due to exercise and losing some weight. But I started thinking, I have been putting away my income and trying to just use dh income, we fall short. I can't get dh to cut back on things we *can* afford..lol. It doesn't make sense. So for me to have no income, would mean cutting way back in many ways, even if we have a savings for that time off. I have a different idea.

I met some one at aquasize that put a little song in my ear.

She took some classes and does nails from home. She is only doing 4 or 5 appointments a week, and makes a decent amount. She earned what she paid for the nail technician class in a little over 2 months on a very part time basis.

So, I looked into it. The class tuition provided the class as well as the tools. And they are good quality, as the school itself recruits for it's spa/salon(high end).

So I'm investigating the complete nail technician class. It is a full time class for 8 weeks. Full time being 3 days a week. I could make this work, even with homeschooling.

I can save the tuition, and take a couple months off from earnings. Now the flip side, is if we are more cautious, I could do the nail tech class as an evening class 3x week. But it would include the manicure/pedicure which I really want, as the manicure is portable, and I want to set up to go into the retirement homes once a week, and do x amount of manicures for the residents there, probably for cost, so it covers my materials, but I love seniors..lol. Seriously.

So, now my savings goal is changing, I need 2 months income saved, and then subsidize for another 6mo plus my complete tuition. I qualify for some grant money as well.

I love going to the spa and visiting. I'd love to do the mani's and pedi's.

I don't have a space now for it, but dh and i are still in discussions for moving. All I'd need is a main floor den that backs a bathroom.

So there ya have it.. new goals! And I'm excited.

See less See more
#5 ·
If you plan on doing it at home you will need a separate license. I know here you need a separate entrance into your home and bathroom to do it legally out of your house, if that is your plan.

I did nails for years in the salon and it was a lot of fun. Good luck.

#7 ·
Actually, how it is here, we don't need a separate entrance at all. Just liability insurance. It's currently not a licensed trade either. Not hard to set up :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.