Frugal Village Forums banner

woo hoo!!

Tags
hoo woo
2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  rainbowgc 
#1 ·
I sold my second 6 pack of eggs today! 12/3.50 or 6/1.75. and someone bought a six pack today!!! I am so excited. My grand total this month is about 3.00. Move over Rockefeller!! :pblow:

#6 ·
I have four ladies of laying age. Now, I have three putting up rent. One is a little freeloader.

Once all ten are laying...boy, howdy! I could have 70 eggs a week!!

#13 ·
Good job.
There is a lady that works with my Dh who sells eggs. I was so excited. I can get a dz for $2 which isn't THAT much more than what you pay in the store and they are HUGE. Now that I am baking/cooking so much more, I am going through a lot of eggs. :)
CONGRATS. I hope you get a really good base of customers and word spreads about how good your eggs are. :)

#14 ·
That sounds like fun! My sister is going to be ordering chicks come spring here in Mi. She is going in with another family, they are ordering 50 chicks, (25 hens and 25 mixed). Bad news is she lives over 2 hours away from us. So we won't be getting fresh eggs very often.

#16 ·
i would SOOOOO love to buy fresh eggs! i can remember when we use to have an "egg man" that delivered fresh eggs to the door. mr soares. that was waaaay back in time, my father's family raised chickens and eggs for their living back in their day......so my father would never buy "store bought eggs".....lol you are not near me, are you?

#17 ·
Way to go, I am so happy that the girls are doing their job and making you so happy. It is so fun to gather the eggs, I love my little hens and really enjoy having the eggs. I don't sell mine, just really never even thought about doing that. But, you inspired me so maybe this year I will do that to. I have 8 new hens, 5 old ones. I plan on getting more this spring as I really enjoy them.
Most people rent movies, we watch out the window daily to see the "chicken story" and spend hours laughing at the old hens as they pick and scratch around the corrals! Its just fun having chickens, and the fresh eggs is such a bonus!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.