Frugal Village Forums banner

I've been thinking about working from home...

966 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Momto2Boyz 
#1 ·
but have been unsure as to what I want to do. We have discussed day care and its still an option. I was wondering if anyone knows how people get all the returns and such to sell at the swap meet? I go to the swap meet and there are tons of people that have brand new stuff...tags on it from Target...CVS all over that appear to returns...crushed boxes etc. I am just curious about this. Any help is appreciated!

#2 ·
I think, and i WOULD NOT encourage it, that people (IN MY AREA< NOT FV!!) get some of these things from Freecycle. More likely the people here get them from sales racks, maybe thrift stores, craigslist, ebay etc at super low rock bottom prices. I wonder if you could talk to the stores about buying their unsellables, crushed boxes etc. I dunno.

#3 ·
Around here those things go to auctions.

When I had my resale furniture store, there was a weekly auction house that I went to (every Tues. morning at 10) and they did consignment auctions. So anyone, including local stores could consign with them to get rid of big lots of stuff.

I hit the jackpot with them once. There was a furniture store going out of business, and they had tons of furniture. Most people there, were shop owners looking for little things and trinkets. I got 25 dressers for $25! It was a heck of a deal!

I would suggest auctionzip.com. It is always really good here about listing all of the local auctions!

Reactions: mom23boyz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.