Frugal Village Forums banner

ideas for extra income boosts...

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  canadagal 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am new here and am saving up for a wedding in June :) I was wondering if any of you had some ideas that I could do to make some extra money on top of my full time job...I'm not really interested in taking on another job..but something on the side like babysitting or a mystery shopper..any other ideas?? thank you in advance!

#2 ·
-if you two live apart, you could do a quick garage sale of furniture that either one of you wont be needing since y'all will be moving in together.

thats all ive really got for bringing more money IN.
ive found that the best thing for saving is less money out.
cut all fast food (brown bag it)
cut all "extras" (nails done, hair appointments, zero non-grocery shopping)
stay at home (it seems the more i go out, even if not with the intention to shop, the more i spend)

#3 ·
I second the garage sale idea. You'd be surprised at how much "stuff" you could sell.

#4 ·
Good luck on your wedding, boy how that can be a budget buster! I suggest you try and sell some stuff on craigslist or ebay. I also like the garage sell idea, or maybe try baby-sitting or something like that? HTH

#6 ·
You also can ask your friends if they have any stuff that they don't want and donate to you to sell for money for the wedding. I'm sure they have some stuff they'd be willing to get rid of for a good cause.

#10 ·
does your area have flyer delivery or a local newspaper that might need delivering? in my area they are always looking for people to do these 2 things. the pay is not fabulous, but it gets you outside exercising...another perk with a wedding coming up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.