Who's having a yard sale this year?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Who's having a yard sale this year?

We are! It will be our first one. They only real struggle I can forsee is getting dh to understand how low we have to price things in order to actually get them to sell! We already decided that we will donate everything that doesn't sell, and not allow it back into the house. We have more sell-able stuff than I would have imagined. I am working on convincing my MIL to join in our sale too, she won't ever do it herself and she lives too far outside of town to have a successful sale anyway.
    Are you having a sale? What do you have to sell this year?

Registered User daughter of pearl's Avatar
    I live in an eastern suburb of Toronto in Canada, near Lake Ontario and lots of park land.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am definitely having a garage sale, and am also participating in a community flea market...money, money, money!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are absolutely having one this spring, summer or both!! Love getting rid of things this way and earning some extra money!! And I always have such a great time too!!

I hope you can talk your MIL into joining you!!

Pricing things can be a challenge if you are attached either to how much you spent for it to begin with or think you might use it in 20 or 30 years !!! LOL!!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are having a yard too. Not sure when. I have been working on try to declutter the whole house, basement and garage. I have a huge stack of boxes for yard sale stuff. Only thing bad abou it is where we use to live we could have as many yard sales as we wanted. Well in the town we live in now you can only have one a year for two days in a row and have to pay to get a yard sale permit ($35). Which the town strongly inforces so I think I might haul all my stuff to my moms and have a sale there but I hate to move all the stuff...lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are we are, I have been decluttering the house for 2 months now and our guest room is bursting with stuff. I told my DH this was the last GS we will be having, I want it all gone, and what doesn't sale will go to goodwill. I am just tired of looking at all this stuff, especially the stuff we have been hauling around for 3 years trying to sell every year at our GS. I am literally thinking of pricing everything under a $1 just to get rid of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm having one mid-May. It's a neighborhood rumage, each house that participates pays a fee of $5 which covers advertising, signage etc....

I'm selling tons and tons of girl clothes, toys, books, winter coats, boots, not much in household items. I usually do very well...I usually will make about $1,000 in 2 days.
    "We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen; For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

just wish i could become organized to get stuff together for one!! lol. have lots that would sell or so i like to think...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, unless my mom has one and I have to help, I am not having one this year. I don't actually have enough stuff to get rid of!! The house is so much bigger than the mobile home I moved from so I actually need a few MORE things. I need to get another bookshelf for one and some lamps. Other than that I guess I am saving up for a kitchen remodel and a dishwasher.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we are...next friday & sat...
    convinced a few neighbors to have their own too (the more in one location, the merrier)....

i have been de-cluttering all winter long and then i went through a 'major-nothing get's left behind cleaning' the past few weeks...i am finally getting rid of all the stuff that i thought i could never live without.... the house seems so much more 'open' without all the pointless 'knick-knack's' around...
    i have about 20% of my closet and drawers left...(hey, they say you only wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time anyway...i will worry about the other 20% of the time if it ever comes)....so needless to say i have loads of stuff....

and i also have about a dozen or so boxes of misc stuff from rentals that are left behind by moving tenants...i usually will box up anything of any real use and store it in the shed....

and then there are last years leftovers....ugh....

me too on the pricing to sell.... if i don't move it this year it is all going to st.vinny's so i might as well get .50 for something instead of nothing....i think this is the last one for me also coz after this i won't have anything left to sell....(seeing as i am no longer bringing stuff INTO this house....and i've done quite well i might add...2 yrs now...no new stuff)....weeeeee......

then with the proceeds... dh & i are going to the smokey mtns to go hiking for 3 days May 10th....unfortunately i can't get him to backpack yet so we have to have a 'home-base' to return to each night and i found a cute little 'boutique' hotel that sits on a river with balcony's on each room... it'll all be good.....and it will all be on garage sale proceeds......

good luck everyone with your sales !!!!!

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are going to a flea market this weekend to sell some stuff....we don't have much but hey, something is better than nothing! I hope we walk away with $100 bucks!