Frugal Village Forums banner

Has anyone sold Pampered Chef?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Daphne 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for possible ways to get some supplemental income this year, and am considering my possibilities. I'm a SAHM of a very active 2 year old, so my time is somewhat limited. Has anyone ever sold Pampered Chef products? If so, was it worth it? How does the program work? Is there a start up fee, etc.? I have heard they have high quality products (although somewhat overpriced)... is this true?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

:)

Sue

#2 ·
It is $100 to start if you hold a party you can apply your hostess credit to the start up cost I believe, a friend of mine sells it and does pretty good with it. I think their products are great but a little pricey.

#4 ·
I have a friend who had sold several lines including PC....She told me to get out of BeautiControl and go to PC because in a bad economy people will shop sale makeup and skin care, but they will buy kitchen stuff because they cook at home more.

I don't think ladies are that apt to change skin care, but I do see the make up part and I think she is right, PamperedChef would be much easier to book shows.

I want to say the comission id 35% and PC send the hostess a gift, you don't have to buy it like in BC.

I say go for it, $99 and I think they are on line. LOTS less than some of the others things and GREAT name recognition!!!

#5 ·
I did sell some Pampered Chef, about two years ago. It was $100 for the "Start up kit" (retail value of about $300), you have to have six parties already booked before they will even accept your $100 and send the kit. One can be a party you host yourself.

I really just wanted to get the products, which I did. I had only the six parties I was required to, and did not aggressively pursue future party bookings. I earned about $400 on the six parties (most of which I spent on Pampered Chef, including my initial investment of $100) But my kitchen is now better equipped than it ever has been in my life. The Pampered Chef products are of very good quality, I use them daily and love them.

I suppose if you are more motivated to get bookings than I was, you could make a nice part-time income, and you set your own hours. It doesn't cost much to get started, and the hostess progam is a good incentive for your friends/family to help you get started by booking a party. Everyone that has a party that has over $150 in orders gets points to spend on free products (of their choice) I saw some hostesses get a lot of great free stuff.
Hope this helps. Good luck in whatever venture you choose!

Deb

#6 ·
I've never sold it but I've been to many of the parties. I love them and everyone seems to have a great time. I love sampling the food!! :D Good luck to you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.