Ways to make $$ at home
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Ways to make $$ at home

Well my DS is disabled so I am currently unable to work. Right now we are living off of child support although I don't get much and don't get it regularly(applied for SSI though) anyways I am looking for ideas on something I can do from home to earn extra $$. My college is all in Middle Eastern History and also Law Enforcement. My work experience is in daycares and preschools. So far I am considering watching a child or two at home but being that we live in such a rural area, home daycare just won't make much but it's certainly an option.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You could offer petsitting services - go feed the cat when someone goes on vacation, bring in the mail, etc. These are a good way to supplement income in suburban/urban areas, not so sure where you are.........

Homemade crafts like soap, crocheted scarves, etc if you are handy. You can sell on the internet or at a farmer's market............or even on Craig's List.

Some people are making money at home transcription services - there are some legit ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When garage sale season comes you can purchase things for resale on Ebay, books and CD's for sale on Amazon or half.com. You need some start up cash and to know what may or may not sell.

Or you can try to become an ebay seller for other people. They give you a percentage of what they make and you list the stuff, watch auctions and mail it out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I had to make some extra money I sold Avon, Home and Garden products. I enjoyed it because that got me out of the home for some "girl time". Just remember you get what you put into it. Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You never know about babysitting in your home until you put the word out. I live in rural area as well and babysitting has clearly filled a niche that was needed. I've turned alot o' folks away.

I put an ad in our little local paper and in a few days the calls started coming in. We now babysit 3 wee boys(18 months, 12 months and 4 months old lol) fulltime as well as a 5 and 6 year old part-time. I'm not licensed for daycare and I don't intend to be.

We use the income as our weekly living expenses, therefore leaving that husband o' mine's paycheck alone. From his check, the bills are paid and the rest saved until needed.

Good luck finding something that works for you!

~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are "Virtual Schools" on-line that use teachers for all kinds of subjects. Maybe your educational background could be an asset. They are real regular schools.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are companies that would pay you do customer service out of your home. Months back there was a list of them in one of the magazines I read, but I don't have that list anymore I sent it on to my sister. I will send her an email and see if she still has that information. I was interested in doing it but with a 2 yr old here I can't promise a zone with no background noise. I do know that QVC is one of the companies that does this, they would route calls to your house for you take orders and answer questions, but I know with them you have to go to onsite training, I checked into that when we lived in Florida, but then the comute for the training wasn't an option because of 3 kids that I had to take to school and pick up after. If my sister still has the info I passed on to her I will post it later.
    Challenges

EF $3975.00

debt:
    medical bill $890/$6000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would also suggest reselling items on Craigslist - it's free

I sell items on Ebay when I come across a great sale - like the 'stuff a bag for $5', but Ebay has listing fees, selling fees, 'oh, you're breathing' fees, fees, fees, fees..... so that may not be a good idea at first --

good luck!!
    Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Max Lilly Chianti

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

does your area have a "for sale" site where you can list your items without the fees? I crochet doggie sweaters & I'm getting a good response( I was surprised) from our local site.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of good ideas here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry but my sister no longer has that information available.
    Challenges

EF $3975.00

debt:
    medical bill $890/$6000