job posistion?hmmm
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Arrow job posistion?hmmm

My friend called me and asked if Id think of the idea of helping her at least 2x a week with pay. $20 for a couple of hours. I usually go 2-3 times a week now to help her get the kids to bed. The 2 1/2 yr old is having a hard time dealing with the new baby thing. And her new baby is colic, so her nerves haven't been well. She told me she'd rather pay and know for sure when things get really tough Ill be there. I'd be there anyways. I"m thinking of doing it because xmas coming around the corner and to start the EF for Oil. Otherwise I would never take her money, thats not what friends do.take , they give. Her hubby is only home for 1 week at a time now at of 1 month. He's a plumber making at least $60/hr. So its not their lacking.
    What would you do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd go for it. She knows you'd be there for her but she probably feels bad that she is monopolizing your time & paying you would make her feel better.
    If you want you could save a part of the money for you both to go do something fun together when things calm down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    I'd go for it. She knows you'd be there for her but she probably feels bad that she is monopolizing your time & paying you would make her feel better.
    If you want you could save a part of the money for you both to go do something fun together when things calm down.
    Thats a great idea and what I was going to say.

Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a similar situation with a girlfriend after she had her second child. And even though it felt awkward to be paid, it helped her. She didn't like the feeling of being needy and imposing on me so she made it a payed position for a month. It worked out fine.

She needed a few hours of childcare so she could pick up her older son and have some quality time with him. So i watched the infant 2-3 hours in the afternoon before she got home. I was able to do some extra cleaning and meal prep for her while she was gone... just to keep myself busy. I would take over bread dough and bake it there so when she got home she had a "comfort" feeling to step into. It also gave a set time when she and I could chat and recoup her energies. So we each got spiritual/friendship lift as well.

Since it won't cause a financial burden for your friend, I say take the payment for your time. You don't have to spend it and you can always give it back to her in other ways.

Take over a few teabags and some holiday cookies and after the kids are in bed tell her it is "her time" and she can relax a bit and de-stress. She will remember that years from now and will always tie the memory of a stressful time in her life to having a good freind there at her side.
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really appreciate the feed back everyone. I think I will. Plus its gets me out of the house at least 2x a week.
    I usually bring over leftovers right after our supper because she sometimes doesnt get the time to eat. Some days are really hecktic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would go for it too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would go for it. I pay a friend to help me out with cleaning and extras when I need it. I am so happy to have someone dependable and trustworthy. Have a nice time at your new job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks everyone, I start next week, This weeks her hubby is home then back again for I believe 4 weeks this time.