Was in a major car accident both cars totalled
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Was in a major car accident both cars totalled

hi I am a bit in shock still bruised but walked away from a terrible collision today. I thank God to be alive and that my kids weren't in the car with me. I was on my way to get them a couple towns away going down rte 231 on long island. I was going south had a green light another vehicle going north made a quick left across the intersection and i hit her passenger side in a T. I seriously saw my life flash before me. I had been looking at my jewelry this morning and something told me to wear my mom's cross. I think my parent's were with me today I am lucky to be alive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. Sometimes when we've been in accidents like that, it's been comforting for me to remember the car is only money. Money can be replaced. Your life and sometimes health can't be.

I'm happy for you the worst is bruises and a wrecked car. In a few weeks the shock will have worn off and you'll be moving on with your life. Take a little time to reflect and be good to yourself while you work through the aftermath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am grateful to be alive. My car was a piece of machinery, though I enjoyed driving it, what occurred here was a message. My faith had wavered and I was confused and lost. This for me, was a wake up call, God telling me to slow down and examine my life.The fact that it happened on Easter,wow. I put on my mom's cross that morning something urged me to, and I feel my parents were with me that morniong, as an intercession. I believe. and I am humbled by the experience.

Patty

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad you weren't injured worse than bruises and soreness. For sure, cars can be replaced. Sorry for the inconvenience though.
    2017 Year to Date MM$ Challenge Total: $32,994.04/$60,000 (5/31/17)
    2017 Pay Down Debt Challenge Total: $17,155.07/$23,398.50 (5/31/17)

2016 Year to Date MM$ Challenge Total: $57,078.18/$50,000
    2016 Pay Down Debt Challenge Total: $25,147.52/$25,000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks so much for the support. I managed to buy a used vehicle with a decent down payment, that came from an estate account of my fathers. My sister advised me not to use money from my annuity. so I have financed it, created some debt, but I feel that I am putting one foot in front of the other day by day. I have stabilized under a good doctor's care,no hospital for a few months. I have my children in my life and a good support system. I have a few medical bills, I owe SSI 1500. My one concern is a credit card I used along with my debit for the cars' down payments. I have paid back half of the credit card. I know I have made mistakes along the way but am learning. I am a different woman than the one who first posted on these forums a few years ago. I am sober six years and counting, and that means a lot. Despite abut 5000 CC/medical debt, and now the car loan of 18000, I don't fear the future like I used to, frantically seeking ways to make money, letting it rule me. I am taking classes online through APS, free through New York state in order to become a peer counselor. I have quite a few classes to go but have gotten good grades on the post exams so far. As a mental health "consumer " for the past thirty years I think I will be good at this sort of job. During the meanwhile I want to start volunteering my time in a nursing home or nature sanctuary, I had been deemed disabled by SSA, I have bipolar disorder OCD and SLE(systemic lupus). I had thought to apply for disability for I had been working retail positions and waitress and daycare positions,not being able to hold down these jobs for more than six months to a year at a clip. I don't know if that will qualify me for at least temporary disability but I have nothing to lose in a consult with a disability lawyer. I see a bright silver lining in all of the clouds that have passed over my life. I have struggled, suffered just as we all do. The biggest change in my life is my attitude and my faith. I am grateful, hopeful and will humbly accept what will become in my future, a day at a time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did they have insurance? Did you? I would expect my car insurance to cover those costs. Were any tickets issued?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We both have insurance through GEICO, I ended up with 10% liability,she is suing my insurance for bodily injury, I have been advised by my sister (who is an attorney)and my Chiropractor to file a counter suit for damages and loss of property. I am talking to a lawyer, we will see where this goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If she turned left in front of you on a green light and you were going straight through the intersection, then I would definitely counter sue. She should have yielded to you. I'm surprised she didn't get the ticket.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

apparently I misunderstood there is no claim, but I have been advised to make a claim for loss of property. I have some minor injuries, soft tissue injuries. But seriously, it was traumatizing and I haven't been the same since the accident; I also happen to be bipolar with OCD and major anxiety so I have been not wanting to leave the house.

11. Similar Threads

1. Dh think my car is totalled! Ugh
      By nodmicks in forum General Chat
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM
    2. Car Accident!!!
      By Luv2BeFrugal in forum General Chat
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 06-28-2009, 12:40 AM
    3. Got in my first car accident...
      By telephus in forum General Chat
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 02-04-2008, 05:54 PM
    4. Car accident
      By pkellyc in forum General Chat
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 07-08-2006, 04:45 PM
    5. Has anyone had any experience with repairing a car that insurance totalled out?
      By PrairieRose in forum Debt Reduction & Money Management
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 03-08-2003, 09:53 PM