Something I have discovered about me...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Something I have discovered about me...

For years I have thought I might be an alcoholic, like maybe I couldn't stop. But I never tried. I also used to be an addiction counselor and I know one addiction is the same as the next - if you have an addictive personality you can let meatloaf interfere with your normal running of life.

I hadn't had a drink since last Saturday - I just decided I was tired of whining about being fat when I barely eat and I was tired of being depressed which is what alcohol is. Yesterday when Bruce came home with MY beer (my brand) I created a reason to drink it - cuz I was overwhelmed by what some of the girls had been through, yaddayaddayadda. That was true - I was overwhelmed with pain and empathy. But I wasn't even thinking about drinking - I hadn't thought much aboutit all week - and you know what else - by yesterday morning I had lost 1ost a little over an inch off my waist. Pretty damn impressive!! last night I had 4 beers which tasted really good but all of a sudden I just wanted to read and I switched back to Diet Dr. Pepper. I have never done that before. I usually drink til I fall asleep!! I feel like I have a new found Glory!! It is habitual with me - not chronic in the sense that my body craves it - I can do this - I can kick some ass!!! So here's to me and thanks to all of you!!

As a side note: we spent $412 on Beer last month!! Do you know how many Midget/Mini parts I could buy with that much money??? Hell, thats three months worth of pantry/freezer at Costco!!

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're on your side here - you are a strong woman - I have no doubt that you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to doing!!

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you Kimmee! When I decided to stop drinking, I too just realized how much money I was wasting and that I did not "need" the alcohol. I did the same thing when I decided to quit smoking. Alcohol and moking had been "crutches" for me and I found that as I got happy with me, I didn't need those other things anymore!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kimmee I applaud your conviction. I have never been big on alcohol but I have my own "addictions". You are right that it doesn't have to be alcohol but anything that interferes with your life. A crutch that you can blame or use to prop yourself up whenyou can't find the strength.

WTG

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm proud of you Kimmee......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have an addictive personality too. Good things I do for me tend to only last a couple of weeks whereas, bad things I do seem to hang on forever.

I thought at one point that I was addicted to wine and then beer but I was able to quit without any problems. I just stopped buying it and out of sight, out of mind. Plus my health was suffering from it. I started feeling really yucky every day.

That's why I do quilting and sewing and crafts and crochet. This is my new addiction and is not harmfull to anyone. I don't have to spend very much at all right now due to all the stuff I have here already.

I think sometimes we just have to sit back and see what we are doing to ourselves and hope that we can become a better person by changing a few things that we thought we couldn't do without.

Good luck to you Kimmee.

Registered User Lori Biever-Launder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chocolate is my drug of choice and I am paying for it BIG TIME now. I am working on losing 80 lbs I have gained over the years as a result of it and I am pre-diabetic. It is the PITS so I know where you're coming from.

My new addiction? Walking. I walk every day (which is a miracle when you see how much rain we get!) sometimes twice a day (depending on my schedule). At least this is good for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes a good addiction - using the term very lightly. Good for you - I am proud of you - I would like to become addicted to that thing they call water or H2O but I am afraid my body would lurch into some sort of toxic shock...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you! I'm not surprised that you lost a little in the waist. I read somewhere that beer is very high in calories. Keep it up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kimmee you can do this. If I could stop Drinking and Smoking after doing it for 20+ years then you can too. Here to cheer you on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so proud of you kimmie keep it up darlin. we are right here behind you.

Master Dollar Stretcher dz_blonde_girl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi,
    I realized that I had an addictive personality while still in high school. There was a soap opera called "Dark Shadows" on the T.V., right after school. Good thing, it only lasted for 3 years. I vowed never to get hooked on 'Soaps', again...ha
    Needless to say, I have had several different types of addictions, since...
    I still have two left: Cigarettes and Yard Sales and I suffer the worst withdrawals, during the winter when yard sales are few and far between. That's the one addiction, I won't give up...ha
    lacyj

Master Dollar Stretcher aka JuliaBob Julia Kimber's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great Kimmee! WTG!
    Julia