swaps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swaps

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default swaps

I was just wondering if you all do holiday swaps here? I haven't seen any and was just wondering. Like say you have a partener and you can only spend so much on them say Valentines or etc. and then when everyone got their packages they say waht they got and who was their partener. I just thought it may be fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We just did a Christmas card swap, but I am unsure of a gift swap.
    When the world knocks you to your knees, remember that your in the perfect position to pray.

DR Plan
    BS 1 $1000/1000
    BS 2 working on those medical bills ......ugghhhhh
    BS 3
    BS 4
    BS 5
    BS 6
    BS 7

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We used to have monthly swap thing, with a different theme for each month. I have no idea why they stopped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When they worked as planned, yes they were fun. We stopped them because there were problems with some people not following through on their commitment for one reason or another. We may bring them back some day, never say never.
    ~*Darlene*~
    Live Well~LaughOften~Love Much

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
    Leo Buscaglia

2013 Challenge
    Books Read: 67

Become a Fan of Frugalvillage on Facebook!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am currently running a Secret Pals program on another forum. This will be the fourth consecutive yerar it has been up and I took over just recently.

Very often there have been problems with members drooping out of the forum without notice and leaving their pal hanging. There have been people who simply got overwhelmed and stopped without saying anything and some who were expecting more than their pal was able to deliver. These things can be discouraging. Along with that is the need for a diligent member or two to manage the thing which can become quite a headache.

Secret Pals is a year long program though. Doing a Holiday swap tends to go a bit better but you still have some of the problems on a smaller scale.

For me personally I think it is a fun and rewarding program and has brought my other forum family much closer together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all the answers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think a recipe swap sounds like a fun thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i love this idea, id love to join in. as long as i can keep it frugal i am in!i dont kno about anyone else but with only 1 paycheck i kno my limits and i cant send huge pkges,but id love the chance to give it a go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are a great and very fun IDEA but the reality is that they often don't work as hoped/planned.

I ran a couple in CA in an office I worked at. About 95% of it went terrific and people had a great time.........then there was the other 5%. The people that never bought anything, didn't bother to participate but it was a VOLUNTARY sign up, always signed up and had some EXCUSE on why they couldn't/didn't/wouldn't participate. I even went so far as to say that I would announce the name of the non-participants.....and did......and another excuse came up. (the MANAGERS were the worst!!)

Not sure, in this economy, and with the mailing expense, that it is the time for one of these.

The other thing to consider is that we have people on here that don't celebrate Xmas.......for various reasons, be it religious or financial.

The recipe swap would be fun......and very cheap, and wouldn't have to be 'holiday' oriented. Also, I have thought about a 'fat quarter' swap for the people that sew. Or yarn swap for the people that knit/crochet. These are all small packages.......easy and cheap to mail.....and either free (recipe) or relatively cheap to buy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well either way id like to be in. for any of it.would give me something to do and look forward to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The handmade ornament swaps went ok. But for the most part, swaps and trains have not worked out well here. Someone always ends up keeping the train and never coming back or never sending their swap.

Someone always volunteers to lead the swaps and I think they're pretty brave because it's a major headache. So if anyone wants to lead a swap, fair warning.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

“A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear.” --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We've had dishcloth swaps and scrubbie swaps - think these have gone pretty well. I had mentioned an ornament swap for Christmas because I think it would be a lot of fun. I am involved in the 13 days of Halloween swap on another blog - will be interesting to see what happens - personally I think it's fun, but also very different because it's 13 gifts!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The ornament swaps here were usually making as many ornaments as there were participants. So everyone got one of each ornament vs. one on one swaps.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

“A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear.” --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Noel View Post
    The handmade ornament swaps went ok. But for the most part, swaps and trains have not worked out well here. Someone always ends up keeping the train and never coming back or never sending their swap.

Someone always volunteers to lead the swaps and I think they're pretty brave because it's a major headache. So if anyone wants to lead a swap, fair warning.
    As a member that led swaps in the past, I certainly second everything that Sara said.
    Books are the treasured wealth of the world and the fit inheritance of generations and nations.” --Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love that idea for the ornament swap where everyone gets one of each!! Yes!@! I'll run it if no one else wants to. Mahalo for the update!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast