Frugal Village Forums banner

Increased Sex Drive

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  peanut 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm 52.Gone thru menopause.Had a stem cell transplant Dec. 07.Since Jan want sex 24/7.Anyone else have an increased sex drive? Doctors dont know what to say when I tell them.Cancer doctors say its normally the opposite-patients dont want it.They joke and say they put spanish flies in with my blood.Just wondering if my 50's are going to be like this.Arlene

#2 ·
Hi Arlene,

I haven't had cancer treatments, but I did have almost a year of that increased drive right after menopause. It was really weird and very frustrating (pun intended). I'm pretty sure that, for me, it was hormonal because I also had teenage acne and "moods" back again, too. My poor dh. :(

The good news was that it was only constant for about 6 months and then it began to subside back down to more "normal." I'm 2 years post menopause now and feel pretty much like I did two years pre. Some occasional hot flashes and night sweats but the libido part has settled down.

I'm not sure this should be reassuring to you, but thought you might like to know you aren't the ONLY one!

Barb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.