Regrets

Thread: Regrets

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Regrets

I'm not as resilient as I remember myself having been. The tower of strength I used to be can now be toppled by a feather.

Having a black belt in worry does not prepare me for all that which blindsides me and leaves me feeling vulnerable and afraid. It does not help me cope with anything.

I look in the mirror and see my mother. I regret having judged her for her weaknesses and not having recognized her strenths. I wish I had told her in the living years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh, my! I hope that things are better with the coming of day.
    God grant you peace

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tell her now through prayer. I never forgave my father for something and several years after his death I did this. I asked God to forgive me for not taking care of the matter when I had time, then just said it out loud, asked God to take care of this for me, and the burden was lifted! Nothing is impossible for God. Praying for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think that you are much stronger that you are giving yourself credit for !! You were able to write out your feelings, that requires strength !!

Guilt and regret are such worthless emotions !! concentrate on loving yourself and appreciating who you are. Life doesn't come with an instruction manual. You are doing just fine and this is where you are who you are supposed to be. Remember that !! No use having regrets !!

Trust me, my mom is gone too and I raked her over the coals many times but I know she is heaven looking down on me and being proud of me and still loves me and doesn't hold any grudges against me....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What if you wrote her a letter.Refined it into just what you wanted to say.Then read it at her grave site or as a prayer as someone suggested. Sorry your having such a low moment. (Hugs sent).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It may sound a little childish but I found it very therapeutic for dealing with holidays and such because I miss dad so much. I buy him birthday cards, Christmas cars, write him letters etc and attach them to balloons and send them off on their way. I like to think he is up there catching his notes and letters from his baby girl and believe me more than one was a I am so sorry dad... sending you love and prayers Diane
    Last edited by dianeeileen; 07-13-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Diane - what a sweet and wonderful idea!!

I was thinking just yesterday that I really wanted to remember some good things about my father and am starting to put energy in that direction - it's been too easy to remember the negatives.

We all need to be kinder to ourselves and honor our growing and learning. Our parents understand - no matter where they are.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We all have regrets in life.... they are our growing pains I believe. Your Mother knows....believe me, she knows how you feel and she wouldn't want you beating yourself up over anything.
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our parents recognize that like them we are fallible. They also know that they were. That you've grown to see things more from their point of view would no doubt be all they could ask for. Life is too short for living regrets - embrace all you can and forgive yourself as others do. Please!