I'm new to this place. Wanted to say hi to the older frugalites... I'm 52. I don't feel it, but life goes fast!

I have improved my income over the past several years so that I am finally able to contribute to a 401K, yay, but also recently bought a house and now have a mortgage. I felt good about that at the time but now I wonder if it's really in my best financial interest. However I would like to pay the sucker off and own a place to live in the next ten years. I don't think that's a bad thing, ever.

I got a late start on all of this and sometimes I feel worried about retirement. I don't know if I really want to stop working, as I do enjoy my work. But I feel like I didn't concern myself enough with my financial security when I was younger and wonder if I can really make the choices I need to, to have enough money to support myself for the rest of my life.

I do have a plan, and I am very big on spreadsheets and such. It's just amazing how fast life has gone by and how I look back on the way I lived and all the money I've wasted on things that I can never get back. Ah, well.

Anyway, it's great to be here and I'm sure I am in good company as we're all human.