Frugal Village Forums banner

Typical Thursday

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  kabin63 
#1 ·
Another Day Another .50 cents!

Its alittle overcast here this moring and already 75 at 7am. We'll hit 88 easy today. No rain yet in my neck of the woods so I'll have to run the sprinkler system in the garden and nursery.

Sent DH and DS off to the paint job in Plant City again today
Had coffee but no morning walkabout yet will do that when I set off sprinklers later
DD is up and eating breakfast
Bed is made and I'm dressed (finally back into my jeans)
Got a load of landry going

Todays List
Drive carpool to school
Stop at Bank and get roofers money
Pick up vaccum bags
Pick up new leash for dog (He broke the old one)
Spagetti Dinner tonight at school also pick up reportcard night
Have some filing and a few bills to pay

Maybe finish my book today!?

Laurie in Bradenton

See less See more
#2 ·
Today is payday so I have a few bills to pay:ack:
Gave the dog a bath yesterday so there was dog hair everyday this morning so ran the vaccum and got that all up....good for an hour maybe..he sheds bad after a bath.
Unloaded the dishwasher and filled in with some more dishes.
Took garbage out to the curb
Took hamburger out of the freezer for chili
have work tonight so lunch, shower and get ready for work

#3 ·
Today is one of my days off from work but I have to go to a class for work this afternoon in addition to doing a mandatory competency that we have to do every year so I will be spending most of my afternoon at work :yucky: . I have to go back tonight to do another part of the madatories, the body mechanics part of it, my hospital does not make anything convenient for the employees :(.

I need to do a little laundry this morning and a quick run through to tidy things up and then I am caught up on housework and laundry.

We are going to grab supper in town tonight since I have to go back to town to do the body mechanics. I just have to decide where we are going to eat. :)

#4 ·
Rainy, wet miserable day here. Have a girlfriend coming from out-of-town and will be doing the stores and scooping up the bargains. She buys me the bargains in her area and I do the same for her so to-day we are trading our stuff. Will be having lunch out so should be a good day.

#5 ·
I need to finish up the laundry, work on some knitting that I can't do when the kids are home (Christmas presents), maybe watch Knitty Gritty, try to watch Jericho & the first half of LOST online that I missed last night, pick up the kids, take them to Kmart so dd can spend her birthday money. Then after school we have a strange mid-week wedding & reception to go to. I don't know why it's in the middle of the week but it's not my wedding. We will be late getting home tonight too. Not sure when the boys are going to get a bath....

#6 ·
Good morning. I hope you don't mind me joining ya this morning!

I'm babysitting today, so that's some extra cash for dh's Christmas present. :) Got lots of housework to do. Does it ever get done? *sigh*

I'm really tired this morning, but I can't let it get to me. No way can I be lazy today!!

#7 ·
Today is going to be somewhat busy. I have already made the bed and straightened up the bedroom. I still have to:

1. Finish cleaning out dd's room
2. Go to school
3. Go to a meeting
4. Work on the laundry, it seems to have multiplied overnight
5. Get caught up on school work

#8 ·
I just wanna ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH today.

The heat vent in my boys' room doesn't blow ANYTHING so it's so cold in there at night. BUT the heat and air guy wont be coming until Tuesday. My kids will be popcicles by then. I have them in sweats, thick socks and doubled up blankets.

Yesterday was the unit picnic. It was 60º and WINDY! We only stayed long enough to eat. I really wanted to meet the guys that DH spent all last year with. :( Gotta love Oklahoma weather.

Last night about 12am Tristin woke up. At 1am I was just tired of getting him every 10 minutes to give him his pacifer I got him up and fed him. At 1:30 it was clear I was not going back to sleep (Tristin still crying too) so I get up, get Tristin out of bed and just let him play while I read my book. A little after 4am I got him back to sleep.

THEN this morning I turn on my sink to rinse off a few dishes. It leaks! So I pulled everything from under my sink out and called the rental place when they opened. I'm hoping they send someone soon.

Plus I'm feeling very... off lately. Not sure what it is but my back is killing me, I have a UTI (ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH) and I'm so far beyong tired.

Okay whining done. :D

So far today I have ....

* ran the dishwasher
* put away the boys clothes
* washed 2 loads of clothes
* swept the kitchen
* Got all the things that don't belong in the living room put away.

I still have to
* put away clothes when the dryer is done.
* vacuum living room and boys' room (Ah a 2 y/o and his crackers...)
* straighten up book shelf.
* not lose what is left of my sanity. :D

#16 ·
I just wanna ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH today.

Plus I'm feeling very... off lately. Not sure what it is but my back is killing me, I have a UTI (ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH) and I'm so far beyong tired.

Sounds like it could be in the kidneys too. Might want to see the doctor right away. JMHO, but I have DSD that gets them all the time and in the kidneys and that is what happens.

#9 ·
I need to :

get another load of laundry going
and hung before work
pull out burger for dinner tonight
clean both bathrooms
clean kitchen
dust downstairs
vacuum downstairs, maybe upstairs too.
clean cat boxes
straighten up the living room again.

This is my usual deep clean day, but I will probably have to do some when I get home from work today. I slept a little later this morning, felt great.

#10 ·
Hi all...
Today is warmer, but overcast here. Kinda gloomy-like my mood.
DS had his wisdom teeth out this morning-went really well, is sleeping on the sofa now.
Dog went to the groomers today-but DH is picking him up this afternoon.
Washed the floors and dog's bedding while he is gone.
Will go food shopping and maybe to the craft store when DH comes home.
It is supposed to rain here tomorrow, but the weekend is going to be nice-I need to clean the gutters and do some raking!
Hope you all have a great day!

G
#11 ·
I've actually gotten a lot done today - I think it's because Owen has now changed from having 2-3 hours of being awake and fussing, to just 2-3 hours of being awake - so he'll sit quietly while I hold him, or sit quietly in his bouncer, while I can do other things.

So far today we've:
*Done the closet thing - I've put away my maternity clothes and my summer clothes, brought out my winter clothes, picked out about 10 things that don't fit or I don't like to donate (a few are nice enough that I'm going to see if I can sell at the consignment shop). I now have about 4 loads of laundry to do, but since I "borrowed" from the laundry money yesterday, I'm going to wait until I can "pay back" the laundry fund tomorrow.
*Emptied the dishwasher, and bagged up the trash to take out
*Gone through a lot of papers on my desk - thrown out a lot of things, filed what needed to be filed. Put away a few misc. things that just don't belong on my desk!
*Called and made an appointment to have my car looked at - the heat/AC only works on "4", and since 1,2, and 3, gave out over the last two weeks, I want to get it fixed before 4 gives out and I have a car with no heat and a little munchin to tote around!

Still left on the list:
*Make dinner (meatballs-not sure yet if I want to go with the Swedish meatball route or the Italian Meatballs and spaghetti sauce route)
*File coupons and list some for trade

If Owen wakes up and wants to run errands:
*Hit the bank
*Hit the grocery store (I have the list made from Monday)
*Return the bottles for the deposit money
*Take out the trash

#12 ·
Another typical day here too! Same as every other day, same things to do.

One thing is I am unable to connet to FV from my home computer so I am at the library right now, getting all my responses in before my time limit is up lol

If you want to talk to me just send me a PM and I will TRY to respond when I can.

Thanks! :)

#13 ·
I've been fairly busy today.

I've:
~picked and put up around the house
~stripped my bed, washed it, now drying
~had lunch w/Gripey (leftover cranberry pork chops YUM)
~went to the chiropractor's (35 miles away)
~checked out Sal Armani's while there
~brought my booty home and now washing up
~visited mom and dad briefly
~poured up water to take on a road trip with mom and dad
~packed away some snacks to take
~swept the floors
~swished the toilets
~put away some bills, etc... .

Still have to cook supper and eat and get ready for t.v. nite.

Tomorrow we're taking mom and dad to see my brother in New Mexico. Doing all we can to be frugal about it.

#15 ·
I have had an interesting day!

It started yesterday when I noticed the freezewr wasn't freezing things (the one in the fridge). I called and they squeezed me in BEFORE I went to work. Soooo, bright and early (6 a.m.) I am up and showering. I got dinner in the Crock Pot and vaccumed the floors before Brian (isn't it sad when you know the appliance repair guy by his first name?:shake:) got here. He checked it and the fan is out. He told me it would probably be tomrrow since he'd have to order the part. he left and not five minutes later called to tell me they had the part in stock and he's on his way back! It was fixed ad stuff back in it by 9 a.m.! What a guy!!!

I went to work and came home to the wonderful smell of pork roast and veggies cooking in the Crock Pot. I dusted and finished cleaning the stuff to go back in the freezer and walked Gypsy. Then, it was off to get DS#1 at church (he was at youth group). I amnow catching up on my forums and plan to do nothing else except watch Animal Cops later!:cat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.