Tightwad Tuesday, 2/22/11
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday, 2/22/11

Good morning!

Wow, slept wonderfully last night, and of course didn't want to wake up. The best news, though? DH is home for the week to work in our basement. Woo-hoo!!!! Which also means that I am not in charge of the woodstove! Yes, I'm lazy. There are just some things that I get sick of doing every day, and that woodstove is one of them.

Today is work for me and school for the kids. It's parent/teacher conference night, and the PTA is putting on a soup/potato buffet for the teachers. So I need to get my supplies to another mom, as I won't be there after school. It's also science fair project day, so we have to take the finished product in this morning. I'm proud of her, she is pleased with her work, and that's nice to see!

On my lunch break I need to run and grab some pop as well as some Drano. Our pipes in the master bathroom are running VERY slowly. Best to take care of it now while dh is home to do it instead of me next week.

Supposed to snow all week, so I'm extremely excited for that!! BRING IT ON!

Have a good day, everyone!!
    -Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Roads are all ice and snow on top, so probably a no spend day, lol.

Gonna clean the kitchen and mop this god-awful floor.

If the roads get better by tonight, I might go over to my sisters....we are having our every-5-week hair dyeing night. We touch up roots and trim if needed. I am growing mine out and stopping dyeing, so I will just go for fun. DH says he might drop me off if the roads are bad...I hate driving on ice.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Laundry to wash, dry and fold. If I feel really energized I need to mop the kitchen.

It will be a no spend day for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did SO MUCH yesterday in the house.

So today I went to the garage (new bulb in headlight - we're idiots with these kinds of things), into the city to transfer a cell phone contract from me to our dd, then grocery shopping, then picked up dd from bike shop where her bike has to be repaired.
    It was errand day - YEAH - not much to show for my time but did a LOAD of stuff.

DD is cooking tonight so I am having a real lazy day regarding working.
    I do have to look out my teaching stuff for tomorrow for my class.
    Avril

Mom to Laurens (32), Timothy (29), Dimmen (26), Lloyd (25) and Fiori (23).
    Grandma to Charlie, born April 5th 2013 - so he's now 1 year old.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really did not want to get out of bed today. There was a dusting of snow outside. Was able to get some errands done. Can't believe the sun is shinning. So treating myself by having the curtains open. Cat seems to be enjoying it also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had quite a good day today. I didn't spend as much as I thought I would at the supermarket, and then when I got home I cleaned out my fridge. Managed to save some old crusts of bread which are now happily bags of breadcrumbs in the freezer, ready to turn into stuffing when I roast a chicken next (probably Sunday).

It's saying it is supposed to get warmer here soon, but I'm not sure it will. Must remember to top up my screenwash. That said, there's still a couple of things on my to-do list which I could get done before it gets too late in the day. We'll see how much I can get done!

KB xx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got home from shopping. Bought sale items at Market Basket: hot Italian sausage, roaster chicken, marked down oranges and tomatoes. Used coupons at WalMart for personal items. A very productive morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I'm 65, I applied for enhanced School Tax ? Relief (STAR)...should save an extra $580 on my taxes this year...While I was at it, I took a hint from another site and raised my deductible on my property insurance to $5,000 - should save another $150-200/yr. ALSO did my income taxes - for a $200 refund. Not bad for a day off work.

Lee
    BEF fully funded
    Debt Reduction
    heloc - $3,299 - 0 yes, yes, yes!
    mortgage - $62,382
    van payoff = <$9,500

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

up early. dd off to school. one of the dogs to the vet ($52). straightened kitchen and swept and swiftered...still need to steam mop it, hopefully tomorrow moring. dentist appt.
    SA - got dd a really cute summery flowery flowy top for 2.99.
    Hospice Resale Shop - got a very cute fruit desgin plastic/ felt back outdoor table cloth for $9.
    TJ Maxx - got dd a totally adorable springy dress w/ flower pattern for communion parties we have to attend..$19.99. then picked up a white shrug to go over dress in case it is cold out...$9.99.
    did a small grocery shop for fruit and vegetables and a few other things we need. will go again later this week as we are expecting another snow/ice storm thurs and fri into saturday...waiting patiently for winter to be done with!
    dinner. dd homework. did 2 loads of laundry. sorted 2 baskets of dirty laundry to get done tomorrow. no yoga sadly! couldnt fit it in today! hopefully tomorrow....made invite list for dd's first communion party. making my todo list for tomorrow.....have a nice evening all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Catching up on my educational reading - picked up the Tightwad Gazette and Boundaries by Henry Cloud at the library today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

aarrgg! forgot 3 lbs of bananas for .19/lb - ripe at Save-a-lot
    BEF fully funded
    Debt Reduction
    heloc - $3,299 - 0 yes, yes, yes!
    mortgage - $62,382
    van payoff = <$9,500